1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Citizen

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Parge, 10 Oct 2012.

1. asura

asura jack of all trades

Which one?!? :lol:

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I'm next to the bald guy... with the... beard... oh wait... :worried:

3. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

For sure I'm still around, I just avoid enagaging in SC drama!

Roster does need updating, but TBH it might be worth holding out for the RSI tools.

4. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Well I picked up a Banu Defender after melting the Sabre. I made a silly mistake in my original calculations (I had euros selected, oops) so needed to contribute £14 to it but that's ok with me, I have no other games on the horizon this month!

Will probably also melt Ban Def and leave it as a buy back token for when it's actually out and flyable in-game. As I'm still very keen to see how both the Sabre & Hornet handle 'in atmosphere' when 3.0 hits so it will be nice to have them both for the comparison!

Last edited: 29 Apr 2017
  5. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

3.0 has been pushed back to July 13th

Network bind culling has been put off until later. Along with object container streaming being expected for 3.2, performance is going to be questionable. The guy with the hornet at Olisar will be getting updates from the Connie' landing on Yela. Expect extreme tanking.

In other news, there's a concept sale... only joking :hehe:

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

This week's AtV:-

7. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Beat me to it :D

Brilliant episode from start to finish. This shows exactly why they should pretty much be given a free pass on 'delays', yeah its annoying and there has to be a point where they release it, but this is set to be a masterpiece. They need to be given time to pretty much perfect these things, to find the right solutions for elements like this which are deal-breakers for immersion. Most of the UI/Interaction tech shown is still fairly prototype but theres sufficient demonstration of how it would look and integrate into the game to understand it becoming much more fluid and instinctive.

Reclaimer looks huge and every bit as beautiful as ever. I already know who's going in the grinder first :D The Prospector looks good too, couldnt quite tell if there were Hull C interior in there (the kitchen looked similar to the Starfarers - except it looked like it had textures!! that whole 4th floor feels untextured to me.) because it surely seemed too big to fit in the Prospectors small internal space.

Tons of other things, mostly snippets, but absolutely packed full. Brilliant.

8. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Lets all play a new game where we try and post ATV before Paul :)

Just watching now.... excited by your reaction to it Paul.

9. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Well, ive been pretty quiet on SC topics in 2017 and just watching AtVs and checking places like here when theres been big things happening, so should be little to no challenge beating me to AtV postings :D

Thoughts on the ep? hopefully i didnt oversell it. The monthly UK ep seems to be consistently better than the rest, but then they're about half the team so they tend to have more to show.

10. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

No more $0 CCUs will be sold. For balance reasons, nothing to do with them being unable to profit on the back of them cranking up ship prices, of course :eyebrow: :rolleyes:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/spaceship-prices/163995

Also, Ben confirmed ALL CCU prices are going up by $5 by next Friday:

So by the sounds of things, this is essentially a $5 surcharge to change the ship.
    $35 to $35 change = $5 cost.
    $100 to $120 change = was $20 but now $5 more, so $25 demanded.

You dont 'lose' the $5, but the value of your ship isnt any higher. That $120 ship that cost you $125, if you upgrade that again.. its a $120 priced ship to say a $150 ship, you're paying $30+5. Thats now $160 you've paid. Why? because they cant figure out the balance of who has what, in a game they constantly tell us is in alpha and balancing isnt the focus.

Meanwhile, $275 for the new fighter next week. :eyebrow:

Last edited: 13 May 2017
  11. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I don't know what they are trying to achieve apart from scorn from the community. The ridiculous referral competition, the CCU price bump for an alpha tech demo with 3.0 getting more delayed every week, now a new concept sale for a $275 (!) fighter. Maybe it is a Vanguard style, but whatever.

I am sticking with my single ship until this is released and I can earn something in game. CIG need to stop acting like they have a finished product, it's moronic.

12. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

13. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

I got half way through their statement and thought they were going to say they're changing the buyback gifting rules, because the majority of the abuse is going on with the greymarket, but nope, just abolish peoples ability to change to something of the same price until it leaves concept.

I have a UEE Explorer pack, which means that if i wanted to change the Terrapin into the $275 Eclipse on Friday, i cant, im told i should melt the whole thing down. Brilliant.

The $0 CCUs should still exist, even through concept sales, but they should expire, like they're saying all $0 will. So if i wanted to change that Terrapin to an Eclipse, maybe i'd have 24h in which to apply it before its voided. Even that sucks, but its still better than nothing.

FTR, i sent a ticket asking for a refund down to a starter package. I backed the game, and a money monster has been created in the process, min-maxing the community and theres enough of that in MMOs and mobile gaming, im not supporting them in the creation of a whole new model to show developers how they can nickle & dime gamers for 5yrs before even coming close to having a beta product. The game is great, development process is great, but im done with their carefree attitude to our money. War Bond ships imply my credit is worth less because they've already got my money, so pay more than someone else. Unmelt lets the greymarket profit for free by using credit to stock up on ships they'll melt and buy later with credit once a customer has bought something, while credit lets you buy back once per quarter. Now this. Nope.

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

How much did you pledge/invest/spend all in, Paul, if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business, of course! :D

15. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

I know how you feel Paul, I cashed out a while back. Got my original starter package. It has been going this way for sometime.

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I was thinking that today.... I mean, its been 5 years since I backed, and if its 5 years until its out I'll be a completely different person, probably with kids and a lot less time! Reckon my account is worth $600 or so on the grey market.

That said, I think this CCU shizz has been blown out of proportion. I have a few, but feel like really, if they take them away, I can always melt the ships I've got and get different ones. Most of them are on sale now and again.

17. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

What are they thinking!? I get that they want to stop abuse of the system by profiteering but in their own words if less than 1% of the player base is stockpiling multiple of CCU's why punish everybody else for it?

Given how little 'career' gameplay there is currently, how is anyone meant to know what they will like or how the ships will end up? it's stupid to try and lock everyone in at the Alpha stage and their flimsy reasoning on this issue has rightly caused ire in the community!

What a mess...

18. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

Mind your own business :D

Somewhere just over $1k in total, though the refund would be around $875.

Most of it was a single $500 credit purchase, with a view to eventually getting a BMM & Retaliator, but i basically happened to have some money come in and i wanted to help fund things. That same attitude today would be penalised by War Bonds. They entice people to spend money, and if you dont like the ship then you now know not to add funds until they sell something you want, because otherwise you pay more if you dont add credit until you can get your 10-15% discount ($675 vs $750 on the Polaris, $300 vs $350 on recent BMM sale).

I just dont like what its become, every element of development is something i think they're doing pretty much spot on, however the financing side is a monster.

19. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

The 1% are people who are holding TONS of them, however i'd imagine a fair amount of the active community bought $0 BMM to Carrack CCUs either during the holiday sales or just before the price bump, and im pretty sure their story is utter BS. They're simply realising that plenty of people are going to end up with $250 Carracks, and thats just the first of many, so lets plug the hole.

Whats amazing, is that the old system said you just pay $5 more, CCU-Tax. Same loophole, but pay $5 (melt it later if you want), and then convert the next Redeemer -> BMM -> Carrack loophole for $255 instead of $250. Same benefits, same issue for CIG, $5 better off.
    This update says we cant $0 CCU to ANY ship until its complete.

This means Carrack, Hull D, Reclaimer, Endeavour, the repair ship (i always forget its name) which are all $350 concept ships, we cant switch between them in the future, you couldnt buy a $0 CCU during the next Anniversary sale because you want the Reclaimer rather than Endeavour, you'd be forced to wait until the Reclaimer was in-game and probably $400+, meaning you'd want to wait for the Endeavours price bump, and if thats $425 - well, tough titty.

Its their policy of nothing ever being simple.

Like you say, we have basic combat, thats the only kind of career you can partially use to asses any career at the moment, and if you mention how you dont like something, you'll be reminded it isnt finished, this isnt how it'll end up...
    They want us to commit to a specific ship & career type, and if we're on the fence then be prepared to pay more and wait till we have something to judge it on.

20. PaulC2K

PaulC2K PC Master Race

To a degree, yes. However the issue is we all know whats coming in the future, we've seen a $175 Starfarer end up at $300, and again a $250 BMM end up at $350.

Being told the $0 safety net allowing you to change your mind freely is going away because their incessant fiddling, cranking up the prices, has opened up an obvious loophole, so thanks for the money, but we cant let you have you safety net. This, on the weekend they hit $149m which the community has given them. Thanks for your support.