1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

the main thing that Demotes me is that we havent had any relix news since the big switcharoo

and in a related note, while trying to find images of the Relix to post... all i found was cheesecake

-also for a laugh i figured id post Bit-Tech Relix into Google image...and the images it returns are from the Bit-Tech Cheesecake review

2. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

They're changing 3 words in an attempt to be more considerate and polite. Regardless of whether you think those words matter, why put effort in being annoyed? They're not stealing your pet or pissing in your cornflakes. Scroll on. :happy:

Here in Flanders - if there even is a greeting in the announcement - it's been (something along the lines of) "dear travelers" for as long as I can remember, nothing to do with "political correctness" or whatever. I think you posh Brits were more the exception than the rule with your "ladies and gentlemen". :p:

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its not the what but the why that's pissing me off. its essentially engaging a generation of piss weak mental fruitcakes who literally **** and piss themselves with rage over things they don't like and who need 3 weeks of group therapy when you openly challenge their views. Honestly I never thought I'd see a world where being a functioning member of the human race gets you labelled as a bigoted racist homophobic mansplainer whose day job is tossing black baby jews at the back of an oven, its utter madness.

rant over, back on topic

[​IMG]

Disequilibria likes this.
  9. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

To whom? Ladies and gentlemen seems amply polite to me....

Gunsmith likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

What triggers SJWs is that "Ladies & Gentlemen" only covers two genders.

11. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

I dunno. Maybe I don't feel the same way because I don't know any people like the ones you seem to be talking about. The few social activists I know and have talked to in person or online are all super nice people, always willing to talk and discuss their views, nothing like the above charicature.
    Someone literally shitting and pissing themselves with rage must be a frightening sight.

Who's to say the conversation wasn't totally civil here?
    "Hey, we, as this group, don't like this small thing and would prefer if you made this minor change."
    - "Oh, ok. We can do that. Hadn't thought about it that way."
    "Thanks."
    - "No prob."

**** nor piss are strictly necessary. I don't recall any yelling of "sexist" or "transphobic" or whatever in the article. No mobs, no violence, nothing.

Also I'd like to note that the article mentioned explicitely that it's just a guideline. No thought police shenanigans.
    Then considerate is the keyword. I guess some people didn't feel included or felt uncomfortable being either of the two binary options.

Is this a big enough problem to make a change? Who knows? I bet you'd argue it absolutely isn't.
    Is the change itself unreasonable however? No. Like I said it's just 3 words, interchanged with a single one nearly identical in meaning. Let's not literally **** and piss ourselves with rage here (I'm joking, I'm joking :winking:).

I'll be angry when there's something to be angry about; if completely disproportional, unreasonable demands are made. If a tiny insignificant change however makes some people feel happier in some way, why not implement it? Again: why put effort in even being annoyed about it?

Last edited: 14 Jul 2017
  12. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Its slightly ironic that people who accuse others of being special little snowflakes or triggered by small thing get as equally trigger by small little things. Why is a problem them changing a greeting? It'd just as polite as any other. The Anti PC brigade are just as bad.

13. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

Tbh we should just be glad that they were willing to compromise with a single generic greeting rather than insisting on the recital of a full list of genders maintained by the ruling body of the SJW's (Society of Non Offensive Words For Love And Kindness Everywhere)

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

This really seems to have triggered the social injustice warriors. You can't change anything these days without delicate snowflakes melting down about something that makes absolutely no difference to them just because they perceive people aren't being uninclusive enough, or are trying too hard to be nice or polite.

Pliqu3011 likes this.
  15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

17. Chairboy

Chairboy I want something good to die for...

This talk is getting too serious - back to the funnies:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Grand Overlord Mistoffelees trips off the tongue nicely.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'd happily call myself a social justice warrior if it wasn't for the fact that I've never really liked the "warrior" class. Can I be a social justice ranger or a social justice bard instead?

(I know it's an old joke but if the shoe fits, wear it.)

I don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about it. Try not to pay too much attention to everything you read/hear/see on TV; in the future you might not get so worked up over nothing.

MeMo likes this.
  20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

This is not you, that role is someone else's in a month's time or so :lol: SWMBO...

MeMo likes this.