1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I had to hide my PC purchases from the ex as she used to just moan over the smallest of purchases, that in the end I had to give her money to shut up her constant nagging, which never really worked...

However, the new Fiancé is like, "Oh what's up with your PC? Why has it stopped working, would you like some money to help fix it?"- Although I never except the offering, it is nice that I have someone that works with me rather than against me. :)

Guest-16 likes this.
  2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

All that and I assume it’s her in that red dress? I’m not surprised you “put a ring on it”, I hope you’ll be very happy together!

Guest-44432 likes this.
  3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

It sure is my Fiancé in that pic. We raised over £11000 for Cancer Research as a group. Plus winning my first Charity boxing match and proposing in front of 1000 people was nerve racking, but the best night of our lives having the whole crowd cheering. (On par with the birth of my Son, which she was 4months pregnant in that pic too. :)

Thank you, I sure we will. ;)

Guest-16, Wakka and Zoon like this.
  4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Cheapo graphics card for El Mothero, she said there was a very loud pop from her computer, upon inspection a row of caps just before the VRMs had gone pop, so five of the seven or eight had nice splits in the top, amazingly the PC still ran fine

So a Palit 1gb 710, most she will use is solitaire so I doubt itll be taxed

[​IMG]

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

A pair of Mavic Crossride Quest Tubeless 2.4" for the bargain price of £13.99 each

[​IMG]

Seen as I'm gonna be using the Crossride wheels for a few months after the Ebay mis-selling episode, I figured I might as well get some rubber to match. Don't know if they are any good, but for under £200 all in wheels and tyres, I won't complain. Just gotta get a couple of rim strips to covert the wheels to tubeless (or ghetto it), and i'll be good to roll.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hate to put a dampener on your wholesomeness but it was post-kids my missus started uming and aring. It's not like I've changed in 20 years of buying PC kit. As things go we had an argument and worked it out. It's pretty much don't ask, don't tell, just don't be silly. (but I don't think she's seen the 1080 Ti yet)

Guest-44432 likes this.
  7. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The good thing about having a wife who knows diddly squat about PC's and bikes - I never have to hide purchases, but I don't need to disclose exact pricing...

"Yeah, that new Predator G-Sync monitor, great deal, 35% off, they were practically giving it away!"

8. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Fortunately or unfortunately, my girlfriend and also my ex both know a few things about things, meaning I have to be careful about buying things.

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

I totally get where you're coming from. I have a 9 month old Son, which as you well know can be quite expensive, especially as the little dude out grows his clothes every couple of months too. So his priorities do come first.

Hahaha, yeah, I can relate to how I used to be like that, but nowadays, I keep the pot sweet, and have a balance of treating the family before myself. :)

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

I used these for my car radio and every few months or so they break due to tugging.
    Just bought another one because I'm going on a roadtrip.
    [​IMG]

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That is cheap tbh. The last set of tyres I bought were £35 each, 20" lol. Mind you they are kevlar banded and 110PSI so that is probably why, but I wouldn't touch a £13.99 BMX tyre though, mostly because they are all unbranded rubbish.

If I want cheap-er I use Kenda. I got a good set of 24s for £9.99 each (but then 24s are nowhere near as expensive as 20s because they sell in higher volume I 'spose). They are limited to 60 PSI though.

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Lots of films!

Fate of the furious
    Death of Stalin
    Role models
    Blade runner 2049
    Justice league
    The hitmans bodyguard
    Xxx: the return of Xander cage

Tannoy mercury v4's in dark cherry, to upgrade the mercury F1 customs

More banana plugs and speaker wire to biwire them

14. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Snugpak Military Mountain Leader Insulated Softie 6 Smock,
    Rated for -10c. Giving this cold weather the middle finger.
    Made in Yorkshire :)

[​IMG]

Also got blade runner 2049 and Ghost in the shell bluray.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

off topic but that's a really nice product shot

Byron C likes this.
  16. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Seems odd that they'd use a render?

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Odd but even so its some nice work.

For reference, popped caps on a 9600 GSO, I have no idea whats done that. I'm just putting it down to age.

[​IMG]

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Lowa Renegade GTX walking boots: [​IMG]

A bit expensive at £153 but, have a look and feel of quality beyond any boots I've had before and are superbly comfortable.

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A replacement for the broken right shift key on my Pixel C keyboard for $15 in shipping.
    A bundle of 10 VR games on Steam from Fanatical (was Bundlestars?) for £2.09!

20. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

I need some new hiking boots... they look good, I'll see if I can find some to try