1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah I ain't gonna lie I did use a ruler and pieces of masking tape lol. The SE Bikes logo was a sod. Had to cut it in three pieces then reassemble.. But it was also a sod because the masking tape I used as a holding layer refused to let go of it. So I had a right old malarkey bloody getting it off (the masking tape).

Have just given my flat a ruddy good cleaning. I now stink of Shake 'n' Vac, bleach and fabreze. First proper cleaning it's had in about two months. And it's still cold, so I must be better in myself. So nice to consolidate all of the tools though. They were just everywhere before, and given I am doing all of the fixing and maintenance on the place I need them around. It holds an awful lot does that tool thinger. There are two jigsaws in the bottom, a power drill and a cordless etc. Only problem is it's bloody heavy now.

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It’s with some new tech that we aren’t very familiar with so yes at the moment they are lol

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Finally fixed the issue with MariaDB. Known bug in 10.2.13, where xtrabackup-v2 / mariabackup don't work. Rolled back /bin/wsrep_sst_* to 10.2.12 version and it's fixed.
    Cleaned up the huge backup files, ran a new backup that ran flawlessly.
    ZFS deduplication is at 1.8X which is pretty nice.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Every time i start to think I'm making progress in the IT industry, knowledge wise, someone like you comes along ;)

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Don't worry mate. I just rebooted the second server and ZFS for some reason is completely missing. No systemd files, no kernel module. We win some, we lose some. Mostly losing.

6. MLyons

Finally finished rebuilding Chris's computer. Not a fan of front panel headers when the motherboard doesn't label them or when I don't have the manual.

7. MLyons

I found out today I may be writing a review for bit-tech. It's not guaranteed but there's a small chance and I'm honestly looking forward to it as I'll have to come up with a brand new set of benchmarks.

IanW, Kronos, Pliqu3011 and 2 others like this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That's awesome man and I hope we get to read your ramblings :) You will probably get Intel's 8 core soon too :)

9. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Normally quicker to get the manual as pdf than spend ages looking for the paper one.
    Looking forward to reading it - as long as it's for something good, and not a chair or something !

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Council tax letter for 2018/2019 came in... And it's £22 a month cheaper than last year?! Living in Cambridge, I was fully expecting the maximum predicted 6% rise, instead I got an 11% drop! Shwing!

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Mine went up 5.1% :[

Have you been re-banded?

A few years ago I got an unannounced cheque from the council for circa £1000 as they re-banded a previous address. As letters from the council go, that's a pretty decent one.

MLyons likes this.
  12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Today is shed installation day, things cannot get anymore awesome.
    I also have large(isn't) planter to build and of course fitting out if the shed, shelving, hooks, solar light and other bits and bobs is also something to look forward to. Let us hope the weather remains as glorious as it has been for the last couple of days.

Arboreal likes this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

You git! Mine went up 6.7% :waah:

14. MLyons

No comment.
    In my opinion it's good and something we haven't reviewed in a very long time.

15. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Got ZFS working again, just needed to reinstall the packets, modprobe zfs, systemctl restart zfs-mount glusterfsd glusterd, BOOM slow storage working again.

IanW and Kronos like this.
  16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Marvellous though I must add I have not understood one word of your recent posts on this matter:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Last edited: 21 Mar 2018
  17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Shed now being erected,pics to follow.

18. MLyons

This is going to be the highlight of the day.

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

A picture of an erection?

20. MLyons

No, a picture of a glorious, rock solid... shed