1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Ooh, Master Boot Record's new album's out? <goes to get>
    "The primes are sacred. The totient function is sacred. All things should be encrypted."

's been a while, but a youth spent on Tolkien texts didn't let me down!

2. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

*Opens Spotify, searches MBR*
    - Partition table not found -

Byron C likes this.
  3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

MBR is just brilliant. And pay-what-you-want for music actually works. Then again, I'm really happy for him to finally getting picked up by a record label and having his CDs/vinyl in stores for the first time.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

A friend for my Olight S20 Baton:
    IMG_20180423_160228.jpg

The Olight S2R Baton. Rechargeable, unlike the S20, with a new LED and lens system, 1,020 lumen peak output (dropping to 500 lumen after a couple of minutes so it doesn't asplode in your hand), steps down to 0.5 lumen 'moonlight' mode which it can maintain for 60 days of continuous use, strobe, and a shiny new feature: three or nine minute timer mode. Neato!

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Always kew you were a raver!

I should really pick up a decent torch tbh.

Oh and remember that Kinden travel adapter G, is it still going strong or did it fall to bits?
    Needing to pick something like that up shortly.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Big fish, little fish, cardboard box!
    I'll tell you what I really like for everyday carry purposes: the Nitecore SENS Mini. Teeny-tiny bloody thing, which means special batteries, but you turn it on with a twist of the top cap MagLite-style and can control the brightness through three levels by motion. Seriously: point it at the ceiling when you turn it on, and it'll be at its dimmest while you're pointing it at your feet, medium while you're pointing it at the road ahead, and brightest when you're pointing it off into the distance. Super clever. (You can also lock the brightness by switching it on while pointing in a given direction.) I have, however, since replaced it on my keyring with a Nitecore Thumb which has the advantages of being rechargeable and featuring an adjustable head that lets you clip the body to your clothes or hat and use it hands-free. Not as robust-feeling, though, and doesn't have the clever auto-brightness function.
    Still works! It occasionally decides it doesn't want a plug to go into it, or come out of it afterwards, but a bit of brute force typically convinces it otherwise and nothing's shattered yet.

adidan likes this.
  7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Thanks Gareth, I'll pick one of those adapters up then. Don't mind if a bit of brute force is needed, seem a pretty value price.

Bonus likey points for the torch links, look ideal and looks like some more of my amazon vouchers are getting spent.

A teenie torch will be handy rather than fumbling about in the dark with the alley gate lock, my phone torch and the recycling bin. :)

8. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

I bought an Olight x7 marauder torch about 3 months ago for work (security) and lets just say it lights up the whole site when I put it on the highest beam in the middle of the night when out on patrol :D

9. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'll bet!

I've been using a Zebralight SC600 MKII for years now and have occasionally considered a step up to something mental like the X7, but I'd never use it and if I did I'd probably be annoyed by the bulk. Looks fun though, in your line of work it would be near top of the list.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Now I feel like a scrub - I only have an LED Lenser P7.2... :sigh:

11. Gareth Halfacree

I have one of those too! It's what I use when I'm going to need something with a narrow focus. Nowt wrong with the P7.2!

IanW likes this.
  12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah - same here... and that thing makes me blind when the wife turns it on in the car while night-herping already...
    I dread to think of the horror of giving her something with >1K lumens.

Yet, those Olight ones are tempting

IanW likes this.
  13. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Accidentally posted this in modding oops.... I blame late nights and whiskey.

Hit a suicidal pheasant on Friday....
    [​IMG]

so bought a new middle bumper grille for £42 :(

[​IMG]

14. Gareth Halfacree

On the plus side, free lunch!

IanW and Arboreal like this.
  15. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Sadly not, pheasant season is Oct 1 - Feb 1 this year. It is technically illegal for @Tangster to eat that bird because he killed it himself.

Having said that if you find a dead bird (i.e. roadkill) that someone else killed you're allowed to eat it. If you consider it safe to do so, of course.

So yeah. Growing up in the countryside teaches that you cannot eat your own roadkill, unless rabbit or pigeon, which are open season.

16. Gareth Halfacree

Aha! It is illegal for Tangster to take the bird, but it is not illegal for him to eat the bird providing someone else picks it up for him.

(For those playing along at home: you're not allowed to take an animal you've hit with your car because to allow same would create a loophole in the poaching laws and you'd end up with poachers driving silent electric 4x4s through fields and scooping up whatever they hit, but if you come across an animal which has been hit by a car then you're free to take what has become at that point waste. Which, yes, does mean that there's a loophole for poachers driving two 4x4s through fields and scooping up each others' kills...)

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Same rules as the USA then. I was going to ask about our laws here.

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Yes, quite correct, it's in the wording.

Of course in this case, @Tangster did both kill AND take the bird, as it was scooped up by the huge hole in his bumper and carried along with him.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Ooh, that's an interesting interpretation of 'take,' that one. I wonder how far you have to travel before "stuck in bumper" becomes "taken" - I mean, obviously driving home and investigating the problem there ("whoops, ne'er mind, stick it in the pot") is well out...

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Joining in on the LED hype...

[​IMG]

Lots of positive reviews on an owners club for my car an will match the 200 lumen sidelights