1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Treated myself to a GT Omega Pro office chair in Black & White.
    [​IMG]

Also, Tickets for RTX London came out.

Sam

Guest-44432 likes this.
  2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Was in Japan last week (LOVE Kyoto) and had to treat myself a little...

[​IMG]

Been after a PG grade Gundam figure for a while and the store next to the hotel that we stayed in had some nice deals. Unfortunately I had to end up posting the Unicorn box back home as the plan was to pick up another case while we were there and use that for the bits and pieces that we bought. Nice idea, but this fella wouldn't fit in anything that they had in the store...

Even with £50 postage, everything in that picture still came to a LOT less than I would have paid for the Unicorn by itself over here. The store had 20% off Gundam figures, there was an extra 10% off this one, I then paid tax free and got another 5% off on top of that...

The smaller figures that I grabbed for my nephew (at a cost of less than £2 each...) and the LED kit all fitted in my bag so I have those at home already, the Unicorn should be getting delivered tomorrow.

I plan on doing a full paint, metal part upgrade, waterslide transfer, everything sort of job on this one. It will be my first big Gundam figure but I have about 30 years of experience with modelling in general so I should be fine...

Yaka likes this.
  3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Race Face Aeffect wheelset - $265 inc. postage from JensonUSA! And they come with both Shimano and XD freehubs (£60-70 by themselves), all the adaptors and rim tape and tubeless valves pre-installed. Absolute bonus, even factoring the £52ish worth of customs it's still be considerably cheaper than the best price I could find from a UK/EU shop.

It would also mean I have a complete Aeffect set (barring crankset, but that is it's SRAM group) :D

[​IMG]

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I always wondered how they made that flock wallpaper...

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've been so itching to get my hands on a Perfect Grade Gundam (largely for the challenge..Primarily an Astray Red Frame is the object of my affection) - Look forward to seeing some build pics!

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I need to buy a new drive train for my GT. Ugh. I need to replace the back wheel because it's now becoming apparent that micro drive is simply not going to work with this frame. That means new chain ring (£30) and a new BB (£20) on top of the wheel. I would be really, truly gutted, but my Proper Carlo Griggs tribute is now in full swing and the purple wheel will fit *perfectly* into the bike.

[​IMG]

I did buy a Proper front wheel about 2 weeks ago very cheap.

[​IMG]

Which will match nicely, given that the paint has a trick up its sleeve (well, powder coat).

[​IMG]

When life gives you balls play pool I guess.

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

(Admittedly) free tickets to InfoSec London in June. I try to go often to keep up on the latest developments, and go with a pile of business cards as an independent consultant so I can enter all the giveaways. Got an iPad Air 2 the other year which was nice.

8. BA_13

BA_13 Minimodder

One way ferry tickets to France for myself, family and pets. Our own personal Brexit.

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I thought you were struggling for food money yet now you have new bike parts??

Wonder if i can get some free tickets through work.

10. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Because hobbies>food.

Ask your local crack addict!

11. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It tickles me that you've just implied that crack is a hobby :lol:

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

If these chairs are anything like my GT Omega cockpit, then they're of great quality. :)

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

As long as they let you take the day or you book it as leave you can get free tickets with any company email address. You just go to the website and sign up as am employee of your company and they email you the badge in around ten minutes.

I will caution you thusly: the event is 'free' in that your details are the product and they sell them to exhibitors. On the website you can opt out of this at sign-up, so make sure you do, however for everything on the day exhibitors will ask to scan your badge. If you want to enter a competition "I just need your details Sir *beep*". There's usually some professional models going around giving away free tat and getting you scanned. I usually take along an empty laptop rucksack and come back with it full of swag. You will spend the rest of your year opting out of email newsletters and salesperson lists. You likely have a fair few of these type of people trying to send you crap in the hopes it's published on the website but still, expect more.

I'm probably going on the Tuesday, happy to meet you at 4pm happy hour for a beer if nothing else!

Oh yeah and finally - take a Tesco meal deal in with you or similar. The food and drink will be pretty ridic, and the queues very long for the decent stuff.

14. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You live in the city with the HQ of hobby crack. Also known as Warhammer.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I guess it depends on your definition of crack.

Yeah, I mean hobby plastering. :eyebrow:

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

bit like my hobby of weed... clearing in our flower beds

adidan likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

They are not new dude. I bought the frame about oo, three weeks back? the front wheel a fortnight ago and the rest has either been swapped off my other bikes or was lying around (the blue seat for example was lying around and the tyres came from another bike I don't ride etc). I just hadn't posted the wheel yet so figured I would.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Before the Drug Squad arrive?

19. MLyons

More my employer but close enough

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Oh there will be build pics, plenty of them. I had 3 on my list to take a look at, the plain Unicorn, the Unicorn Banshee Norn, and the Astray Red Frame (built a knock off 1/100 one of those a few years back).

The unicorn was such a great price that I had to go for this one. I will definitely be after a Red Frame at some point, but I have a few months of work ahead of me already. Just looking for a decent price metal parts kit for this as well as a full set of waterslide transfers and I shall be about set.