1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Saynoto0870. Find a landline number for most companies. Or call the lost/stolen number on the back of your card. There's usually an international number that's a normal landline one.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Tried that, you get an automessage telling you to dial the 0345 number and 'this is for lost cards only' then hung up on respectively...

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

NatWest have been so shoddy we've had to stop using them for all our business credit cards. Our "personal relationship manager" quit almost a year ago, they strung us along for a good 6 months after that with the promise a new one would be appointed ASAP, then just gave up and said "actually no, we won't have any business relationship managers for the whole Cambridge area full stop from now on"... Eh? The absolute wealth pot that is Cambridge and you won't have ANYONE to do face-to-face with at a business level?!

4. RedFlames

The fact i have an overdraft that i'm not even remotely close to clearing any time soon is the only reason i haven't bailed already.

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Local chippy ran out of chicken right when I fancied 1/2 a chicken, chips n curry sauce :wallbash:
    I settled for a bag of Billy Frank's beef jerky for tea.

6. RedFlames

... I think it might be ****ed

[​IMG]

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

90% sure im going to just walk out of work today, come back after being signed off for stress, they have knocked me onto the lower rate of SSP and warned me further "sickness" will result in a performance contract, and I now get given tickets, specifically the ones no one wants as the faults don't make sense. Things like 40+ users who cant access a program at certain times of the day or an excel issue where it constantly tries to open abobe reader even if you uninstall adobe.
    Oh an I cant book holiday till September as theres too many people off.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Blood test in about 1hr. The wind has started, along with the sweating and shaking. I HATE NEEDLES.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

You and me both man. Although my vampire-visit is later today, and I get a free groping to go with it.

10. Vault-Tec

I was fine until I was 8. Then I got ran over, and got poked three times a day for weeks upon weeks. Something in me snapped, and that was it. Now I have to look away and close my eyes lolol. "Don't show me the needle at all"

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I have a blood donor session later this evening. I used to be a bit shaky with needles but now no problems, just kinda gotten used to them. Useful as I have to inject myself everyday...

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I was never a fan, but chemo and blood tests every eight seconds have really pushed my limits on needles. Like you, I'm a look away type. Not so fussed about seeing the needle - Unless it's blue or something, then **** that - but seeing it going in. Bleh.

The self injection immune system boosters were the worst, I ended up not taking them.

Suuuper glad I'm not diabetic.

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife is on insulin so injects numerous times a day, 5 on average. I am not on insulin but one of my medications is a daily injection (along with 6 pills as well for my diabetes...).

Now the needles that we use are tiny, seriously small at 5mm long and 0.25mm diameter so unless you hit the tip of nerve you don't feel a thing. The needle used for the blood donations are big, bigger than those used for taking blood samples or for regular injections, but even those hurt less due to the tip design. The one needle that hurts the most is the little finger prick tests that I do for glucose monitoring or when they check my iron levels prior to donations. That is only drawing a tiny drop of blood from the side of my finger but gods it hurts.

14. Vault-Tec

Yup I was fine until I was 8. Once a year? pah, easy. Then I got hit by a car and literally broke one of everything. An arm, a leg, fractured skull etc. Then they come around on schedule every day three or four times to give me pain killers, or make sure I have no internal bleeding. It went on for weeks man.

Was a little annoyed that this wasn't my MOT*, just a non fasting BSL test.

*MOT is my every six months. Liver function, kidney function, weighed etc. All because of the meds I am on. So I just booked that in for two weeks.

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

hay fever, ****ing flowers are trying to murder me.

16. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Like that film with Marky Mark??

17. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I can only assume you're actively looking for a new job but haven't found a suitable place because you honestly must be mental to put up with the big steaming pile of turd your place is putting on you.

I'd bet you could walk into a contracting role paying 50% more than you're on now, bum around in that for a bit and go back to perm later on. You could do it through an umbrella co and let them sort the taxes etc for you.

18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

:D One of the worst films EVER.

19. RedFlames

ok mystery ailment... it's been 24 hours now... do kindly **** off

adidan likes this.
  20. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Wonder if it's the same one in our house. Overstayed its welcome now.