1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I stopped short of feeling ill, as I still have stuff to do this afternoon that preclude laying in bed and regretting my choices.
    As a bonus it means there are 6 slices left for dinner. I wasn't counting, but wifey asserts that she had 5, so I guess that means the remaining 13 are in mah belleh. As so they should be.

I've never been to springwater to eat in, but will grab a takeaway from them occasionally.

I'm not much for overeating any more, however in my younger days enjoyed a food based challenge. Some old work mates and I used to do a AYCE wing challenge at Hooters. I set the bar at 86 on the first outing and it still stands as the record in the group to my knowledge. I feel it would have been higher if they would have kept brining a steady stream of fresh wings, however after plate 4-5 they started taking longer, and the wings got a lot greasier. Back when McDonalds put crack in their nuggets, the nugget centurion was a thing as well. Now they're using real meat I'm not sure I could manage more than ~50 though.

Its Reds that's doing the pizza challenge - 4 people, 4ft pizza. The area works out to around 2.5 large pizzas per person, so quite doable assuming a regular crust and topping density, but everyone would definitely need to pull their weight.

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

While I was in the process of courting my now wife, I was also coming to the end of a good old fashioned "dirty" bulk. I was probably averaging 7/8k calories a day, but my Friday treat was always 2 large Domino's pizzas, 7pc chicken strippers and a full size tub on B&J's (Phish Food, naturally). When she asked what I was up to one Friday evening and I sent her a picture of my dinner, she was all "Oh cool, you got some friends over!"... No babe, this is allllllll me.

I don't think I could manage a single large one and the ice cream nowadays, not without feeling like death after, but I dread to think how much money I put in their coffers over that year.

3. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Latest Purchases:
    2 each:
    Flight: WDH->HBA
    Flight: HBA ->MCY
    Flight: SYD->WDH

All in December... Always wanted to see Oz, so here we go...

adidan likes this.
  4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I'm very much the same these days. I really cannot eat anywhere near as much as I used to do. Even though I am still pushing 20 Stones plus I don't eat a lot (yes, yes, I know, all the fat kids say that, the problem that I am having is the side effects from the gliclazide that I am on for my diabetes and they won't give me an alternative because "it's working").

I used to be able to plough my way through a ridiculous amount of food, plus the biggest desert going, not anymore. Starter and half a main and I am at the point where I could happily stop.

5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

For some reason Aus never appealed to me but one of my best mates moved over there years ago so I went over to catch up when were living down that way.

Bloody loved it. Landed and felt right at home, perhaps it was because we'd been living in NZ for a while at that point but it was just awesome.

Mel > Blue Mountains (Roos in snow!) > Syd. Only a week, but a great week.

Enjoy.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I did something I no doubt shouldn't have.

Surface Pro, i5, 8gb, 256gb SSD. Already got the 1776 stylus, and a type-cover, so at least that's two hundred I've "saved".

And a used 5D Mark II. Depending on how that pans out, I might part ways with the 450D..

adidan likes this.
  7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Some cheap every day walkin' around boots;

[​IMG]

8. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Same camera that my wife has and she loves it. She went from a 350D to that a few years ago and still says that it's one of the best things that she's ever bought. She chucked in a big card and a dual battery grip and it lasts her days when on holiday. Did two weeks in Japan earlier in the year and i think that she swapped the batteries once.

9. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

10. liratheal

Nice, fortunately this one had the battery grip (although I was watching several..). I'm thinking I'll throw a 32gb CF in there and forget about it. I've seen some up as spares or repair with bent pins - I don't have the steady hands needed to replace the pins if they bend and can't be straightened back out I don't think.

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Sounds like a good time.
    We'll be taking about a week in a rental to make our way down the east coast from Sunshine Coast to Sydney, then a few days in Sydney.
    My wife and myself quite enjoy moderate level hiking and exploring places, so while cities can be fun, they're not the priority for us.

adidan likes this.
  12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Deepcool N80 RGB Laptop cooler/stand for £39.99
    [​IMG]

Wanted something to stop the laptop from going full angry wasp nest while gaming but pretty much every alternative I looked at didn't tick my requirements;

1) Not made of cheap plastic (this all metal on top and actually has a bit of weight to it)
    2) Didn't have a stupid amount of smaller fans or 1 big one in the middle (2x 140mm)
    3) Has a couple of angle options
    4) Actually looks alright

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

HP Z600 Workstation

[​IMG]

2x Xeon E5620, 24GB DDR3, 250GB drive (spinning rust, I assume) and a 1GB GT9800. Obvs that HDD will be pulled straight out; from what I gather this model supports 95W X5600-series Xeons so I plan to get some 6-core CPUs to go in there soon. Single-threaded performance, even with something like a pair of X5650s, is nowhere near as good as my current i5-4670S, but multi-threaded workloads should destroy i5-4670S; aside from gaming, the most stressful workload I run is video encoding. Only 150W GPUs are supported out of the box (only 1xPCIe 6-pin), but that should easily cover something like a GTX 1060 so I do at least have an upgrade path.

I toyed with the idea of just building up a full system based on my current i5-4670S, but that would mean board, RAM, case, possibly a cooler, power supply, and GPU. I also toyed with the idea of building up from a dual Xeon X5650 board which was bundled with 24GB RAM; but that would mean needing a hacky CPU cooling solution and a power supply with 2x EPS12V connectors, as well as a case and GPU... In the end, a complete system for £180 (thank you unexpected eBay discount code) with an easy ~£40-£60 upgrade to two 6-core hyperthreaded Xeons won out :).

14. adidan

I get you.

If you can make it out to the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney I'd recommend it.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

More filaments!
    [​IMG]

because when you MAKE EVERYTHING, 1kg doesn't go very far :(

16. Mister_Tad

55m² of floor space to put stuff. Woo!

[​IMG]

Kind of looks like a good cover for a horror film.

adidan likes this.
  17. adidan

One mahoosive Tolberone in there.

MLyons and Mister_Tad like this.
  18. Mister_Tad

I like the way you think.

I'll see what it takes to commission a 10m bar.

19. liratheal

For reference, a ~75cm bar was £60.

20. Mister_Tad

I've just been putting a few bits back up there and have encountered a possible fly in the ointment. It's approximately 1000 degrees up there.