1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project C.M.O.S. (Cooler Master Optimized System)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by djrusty, 7 Sep 2003.

1. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 What's a Dremel?

I must admit the biohazard symbol does looks good on that case. In case you don't come up with a good symbol yourself I'd say it would be a good safety, :) :hip:

2. Astrum

Astrum Dare to dream.

Something about a Coolermaster just makes me like them. Looks pretty cool.

3. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

looking good. The biohazard sign does appear to get over used, but for some reason it does seem to look appropriate for this mod. At the end of the day its your case, if your happy with it go for it

4. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Well, thanks for the positive comments guys - I have tried to design my own logo but it's not really happenin' - looks like I will probably go with the biohazard. I don't feel so bad now that I have some yes-votes.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

5. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Looking really nice and clean.

I have to say the biohazard has been done to death but it always looks good thats why :)

6. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Just a little one:

Today I was brave and attacked my Cooler Master with the dremel. I needed to make a hole in the back of the mobo tray, to fit a switch for the CCFL inverter. The hole required was pretty big so I wasn't gonna be able to just use a drill. I worked up to the biggest drill bit I had and then used various attachments on the dremel to work out to the required size. Got it nice and round by using a part-worn grinding wheel that fitted into the hole.

[​IMG]

Here's how it looks with the switch in place - look at the last picture though, I slipped and made a nice scratch above the hole. Whoops! :wallbash: Ah well, nevermind - I feel a small 'Lights' sticker would be an easy way to sort that out.

[​IMG]

:dremel:

Last edited: 24 Feb 2004
  7. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Stickers are my friend:

Had a play around with the label printer at work today and made some stickers - needed to cover up my little dremel accident from yesterday.

[​IMG]

8. chadwick

chadwick What's a Dremel?

which kitchen cabinet did u steal those case handles from :p

9. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Hehe, I did buy from a kitchen-cabinet-handle-selling place.

:eyebrow:

10. funkymunky

funkymunky Guest

:eeek: wow thats sooooo professional....
    I am liking the switch... :thumb:

Rm :p

11. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Colour lights or not?

(Thanks randommonkey)

Well, I got a white CCFL kit from ebuyer for about £3 - alas the tube itself didn't survive the trip to my doorstep. Being as it was so cheap I didn't bother sending it back. ebuyer sell just the CCFL tubes for about £1 each so I ordered three white ones to overcome this minor hurdle. Amazingly all three tubes arrived safe and well, despite travelling through the post, loose, in a flimsy jiffy bag! Great I thought, until I tested them. No white tubes here sir! No, I had been sent two blue/red and one blue/red/green. Dammit!

This is how it looks with a red/blue and a red/blue/green. I'm surprised at how much the colour comes through the blue tinted window. Also, I'm not sure about the red light - looks pink to me! (girly girly).

[​IMG]

What dya'll reckon - try and order some more and hope they get the right colour this time? I don't feel it's worth the hassle of sending them back since they were so cheap.
    :confused: :wallbash:

12. Mikec4costa

Mikec4costa What's a Dremel?

Thats awsome love the bio-hazard sighns :rock:

13. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

I haven't actually had the bio-hazard signs done yet, that was just a bit of photoshop trickery to see how it would look. Reckon I will go for it though - glad you like it cos I reckon it looks pretty good too.

:D

14. Mikec4costa

Mikec4costa What's a Dremel?

Yea it looks really good. :rock: :thumb: :dremel:

15. burnoutuk

burnoutuk What's a Dremel?

Keep them colours looks good :rock:

16. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

Hmmmm so its not just me who has had problems getting cathodes from ebuyer. i ordered a kit and a red cathode. got the cathode but the standard kit i wanted was a sound controlled kit instead :sigh:

I sent them an e-note telling them about the problem and asking to be sent the right kit, they're obliging at no cost to me, and havnt (so far) asked for the kit back (i dont know if its worth the hassle for them?, a kit that costs less than £3)

Last edited: 31 Oct 2003
  17. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

Drsusty, just read your thread (sorry for being so late) and I definitely like your door and frame better than mine…aaahhhhhhh Bloooo. :thumb: I’m curious about the door though, you were talking about lighting the door. Mine has a ccfl in the door frame on the hinge side that lights up the ATCS and of course all the edges. I take it your does not. Did you put a backing plate under those handles to distribute the stress when you pick up the case using those nice beefy handles? Those 3 ½” covers look very nice…I just love holes. The multi-colored lighting for the interior is very cool!! :rock:

18. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

You have a ATCS-220 not a 210 thats why there are differences :p

19. Bluebark

Bluebark What's a Dremel?

your right, I do have a 220 :blush: I still like 210 better.

20. djrusty

djrusty What's a Dremel?

Bluebark, thanks for having a read through my thread. I did look at getting the case you have but I preferred the look of this one but alas, the door has no cool lighting effects, so I have to maybe try and make something myself.. I just used some big washers behind those handles, seems ok although I wouldn't carry it far by the handles, they are more for decorative purposes than anything else. I really ought to have used something a little more beefy, maybe I'll upgrade there at some point.

So you and burnoutuk reckon the multicoloured cathodes look good? I was just a bit put off by the pinkness.

Jaguar_Infinity - maybe I should send them an e-note too? Might be worth a bash.