1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Got paid today (woo) and I've lost my debit card (boo)... I'm keenly aware where that quarter bag full of popcorn is in the kitchen but my debit card? no idea... I feel my priorities are slightly a miss here.

Luckily I have a spare account to shifty things around until the replacement arrives but Its just annoying, so many little things have crept up on us this month. I very much doubt my pay will cover it all but I'll give it a good swing!! I need this debt snowball to start... well. snowballing!

Oh, and as I type this my son is helping me out by pulling out every little bit and pieces from the areas in the desk... great... juuuuusttt great!

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oo ya silly sod. I used to cake myself in whatever I was doing (paint, glue, silicone sealant) and then pay the price after. I wear gloves for everything now.

3. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

When one stuck pixel on your laptop drives you mad... it's literally one cyan coloured pixel! Meeehhhh.

4. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Got the very beginning of a song stuck in my head for over an hour now but I can't figure out where it's from. It being instrumental (=> no lyrics) doesn't help of course.
    EDIT: Got it! :happy:
    EDIT2: Haha, should've mentioned what it was: Counting the stars by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis (from 0:12 to 0:22 to be precise, so not exactly the beginning as I thought). It's been years since I last listened to that soundtrack.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2018
  5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Which is it?!

6. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

1. Financial in screwed bad choices getting finance on a car now kicking me the arse and I'm too anxious to deal with it coupled with credit card debt

2. Went to uni didn't work hard enough, it wasn't really for doing the drinking /partying or doing interesting stuff basically sitting on my arse. Ended up working in retail for years on minimum wage got a manger job but we crap at it lasted maybe two months

3. Got an apprenticeship recently which made got me all excited I thought great troubles are over but now I don't really feel I'm part of the team when on site my mentor doesn't really seem interested. Plus college are setting unrealistic aims

4. Rented a house had decent friendly neighbours both side and across the road and rest of the neighbours where fine. 'LL sold up so we had move, new house we seem to now having problems with one of the new neighbours.

5. My best pretty much into friend I saw on regular basis died a few years ago and haven't really had anyone to replace him.

Most of my issues are of my own making. I'm not very good at social situations, chronically lazy and forgetful.

I don't like talking to the oh about these things as she got her own stresses in life to deal with. So trying to be strong for her.

7. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

View from my back deck out onto the yard this evening; it's been ~10C cooler than normal for the past 3 weeks, so this is just insult to injury.
    [​IMG]

8. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Looks quite nice, and I am not being sarcastic I love the snow. Sadly we didn't get any to the north of you.

9. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Already!? Where are you based?

10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

That's awesome.

I've only had one winter in Canada but it was beautifully cold and snowy.

11. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It does look pretty. I have family in Canada and, in winter, a 4 foot deep blanket of snow on the driveway is a common thing.

12. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Sure it may be lovely to look at, but it's a huge pain in the arse to deal with. Half the people in my office were 30-90 minutes late yesterday, several fatal collisions occurred in the region and the still warm-ish pavement combined with -10C overnight turned everything into a skating rink for todays commute. Now we get 4 days of slush, followed by up to 25cm more snow next week.

13. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Got a few hours to myself, thought i'd boot up my overly modded FO4.

Damn, for some reason I had it set to automatically update and now my F4SE is out of date.

Nooooooooooooooooo. Whyyyyyyyyyyy?

Just have to await the lovely script extenders to do their thing.

Edit: Solved! Rollback glory success! Thanks to internetz peepz instructionz.

Last edited: 3 Oct 2018
  14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Wasp stings me having suggested to my daughter that if we just leave them alone, they will go away. Much stingier than I remember, even 20 minutes later. Clearly he did quite a good job of it.

On the plus side my daughter has added the word "retribution" to her vocabulary. The best bit is she loves learning and using big words, and will almost certainly use it in an appropriate yet amusing context at school with her teacher.

15. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

It's not exactly "ruining my life," but it is frustrating the merry hell out of me:

I applied for an Air Weapon Licence (yay Scotland!) a little over four weeks ago, and at the end of last week Police Scotland responded to my application with a request for a GP response. So because I had to declare on my application form that I've been treated for depression in the past, the Police want to check with my GP that it's safe for me to own an air weapon. GPs have been hit by several hundred of these requests from Police Scotland and, understandably, they're more than a little annoyed by the situation - it unfairly puts pressure on GPs to make the final judgement call, and it's a waste of NHS resources. I'm also going to have to pay my local surgery for the privilege of having them respond to the police, on top of the £72 I sent off with my application (which is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome).

The whole licencing system is a royal F-up of astronomical proportions. Far from going on a killing spree (with a glorified potato gun), I just want to continue to enjoy a hobby that I started 17 years ago. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Doctor started me on a new cocktail of mood stabilisers so this mix is Sodium Valporate and Amitriptyline.
    The two mix so the Valporate reacts with the Amitriptyline making it break down more slowly which is pretty handy as you take less for the same daily dosage.
    Downside is they seem to react with cold an flu remedies so I have had a full depressive episode which is always fun.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Downloading Win10 1809 ISO's for the last month of my time at the current company.

Of course my last month is going to be arguing with new weird and wonderful ways for Windaz to **** stuff up.

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Moving across the state tomorrow with a separated shoulder. Yay.

19. Vault-Tec

I've never read about or studied wasps but every time I've ever been stung it's been at this time of the year. I actually got stung six times once whilst sleeping on my back by the same wasp. I think they have to ditch their poison as they are dying? Idk just my 'total guess' theory. I remember we put some fish out for a cat once at this time of year and it was covered in wasps all sticking their asses into it.

I will read up on that when I get back to a PC.

20. Vault-Tec