Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

This forum needs more options other than 'like'...

I lol'd .... a lot.

Arboreal likes this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

1660 Ti release next Friday confirmed. Thanks.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No idea what you're talking about *checks over shoulder

perplekks45 and Arboreal like this.
  4. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Shoulder? Jeez dude did he rip the other one off?

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hello Dave...

[​IMG]

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's a stock-trading website (with the friendly warning that 80% of investors lose their shirts using it, fact-fans!) - Trading 212 - which is doing an offer at the moment where if you recommend a friend you both get a free "randomly selected" stock up to the value of £100. So, figured I'd give it a go - registering took about five minutes, then another minute or so to fund the account with a shiny pound to meet the requirements.

Took a day or two for the stock to arrive: some Swedish bank or other, £5-odd. Not quite the £100 I was hoping for, but still. Hit 'sell,' waited another day or so for that to trigger, withdrew £6.83. Total time spent: eight minutes or so?

Happy with that. I'll take my wins where I can.

EDIT: And just a few short minutes later I had to spend it on a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter dongle, 'cos two of the machines I've got in for test don't have HDMI ports. Ah, well, easy come, easy go, I guess.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2019
    MLyons and Vault-Tec like this.
  8. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Fixed my car having been off the road for couple of months, could have wasted a fortune getting it done at a garage, total cost inthe end, £8!

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I both love and hate those moments.

I spent £160 on labour and £40 on parts (I ordered the parts myself, because RS parts) only to have the problem solved by a £45 coil pack.

10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

@MLyons. What a beautiful individual.

MLyons likes this.
  11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

The OGA QuakePit Invitational. Brilliant Quake, very good casters, and I just love anything Quake.

TBC in the "what's ruining your life right now?" thread...

12. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Got a nail in my tyre, took the car in to get seen:

One of the rears is due replacement, the other will be changed as well because LSD, and the fronts are on 4mm but are worn on the edges (as if someone has been cornering a 1800kg car way too fast :worried:)

Result, four new boots courtesy of Lex autolease :thumb:

13. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

And this makes your life awesome???? :)

14. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Company car, free tyres, back to 8mm of rubber all round.

IanW, Arboreal, adidan and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I'd be quite happy to have someone else pay for our tyres.

IanW, Arboreal and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had a lovely morning out playing on the twisties... until it started belting down :grr:

(click for full details)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stopped at the Oasis cafe in Abergavenny for a quick brew and bacon bap. I had to, I mean, it's practically the law that if you're near Abergavenny you've got to stop in at the Oasis...

[​IMG]

Spotted a couple of Pan-Europeans at the Oasis (not pictured), absolutely lovely bikes.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Watch out Isle Of Wight, we're coming !!

So a bit of a back story. When I was a kid (like 7-13) my mum's best pal married a guy from Manc. He's an ahole (won't go into why) but we used to go and stay up there every summer for 6 weeks. They lived in Chadderton, just outside of Oldham. Any way, there was myself and my bro (my bro is 2 yrs older than me) and then Nicola (1yr older than me) and her brother Ian (1yr older than my bro). God, we used to have so much fun. Falling in the canal, doing "shortcuts around the long way" and so on.

Well one summer we decided we were all going to go to the IOW together. Off we went. Well the weather was terrible, and this was back in the Roland Rat/WACADAY days so we watched Roland Rat every morning on TVAM. At this particular time he (Roland Rat) was in Hong Kong (Kouloon, if you remember !) and was staying on this decrepit old boat called "Resplendent Dawn". Any way, the weather was rubbish (it rained all week, but IIRC we did go to the cinema and watch Return Of The Jedi) so we would go down to the harbour every afternoon to "play". Well my bro and Ian (the two eldest) were very sensible and well behaved but Nicola and I were little sods. So we found this old boat, named it "Resplendent Dawn" and then pelted it with that black muddy sand stuff every afternoon until we got caught. They threatened to throw us off the island :D

So last summer Ian came down. I hadn't seen him in about 28 years. Now? he is a police man, and he does the operations to combat child grooming and so on up in Manc. I always knew he was strong of mind. We had such a laugh. Literally wetting ourselves with laughter talking about the old days (and the IOW). So I got to mum's on Tuesday and his mother (Ian) phoned my mother as she did every Tuesday and told us that Nicola (Ian's sister) was coming down as well, and to top it all off we are going to the IOW to do a pilgrimage to the Resplendent Dawn.

I can't wait. I can already feel my ribs hurting from the laughter. It's going to be one epic summer :D

18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Searches for my site now come up without needing the full domain and it seems traffic is slowly growing. Done some tweaks to hopefully help with the SEO and how easy it is to link the site. Feels cool to have made something people are using. Just need to make it not look bad and get a logo done.

19. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

www.how_much_is_that_doggie_in_the_window.com ?

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Given how often these things go awry, this could end up in t'other thread, but for now: I've just clicked to switch my broadband from BT to Vodafone. Same speed (well, Vodafone's estimating higher, but I dunno how true that'll ring) and everything, but instead of paying £60-65 a month like I am now I'll be paying £25 a month - and I've been promised an £80 Amazon voucher.

That'll save me, what, up to £480 a year? Not too shabby. The only thing I'll lose is the ability to use BT Wi-Fi hotspots while I'm out and about, but I could pay for quite a bit of access from the £35-40 a month I'm saving.

perplekks45 likes this.