1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Vodafone may be faster. We switched from BT to Plusnet a few weeks ago and saw our downstream speed rise from 16.5 Mbs to 27.55 Mbs and staying there. I'm assuming contention has something to do with it.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2019
  2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Vodafone's estimator thingy reckons I'll be syncing at 73Mb/s, whereas I'm currently at 67Mb/s - and if I ever sync below 55Mb/s, Vodafone will knock 15% off my bill until I'm back over it again.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I'm feeling good, like really good probably the best I've felt in a years.

I've worked out the last three days in a row, the first day was hard but its just getting easier. I'm whacking up the tension on the bike and still managing to push through to the end and I feel totally just awesome.... I'm sat at 14st 2lb as of this morning, I don't feel any impulse to eat crap (metaphorical not literal) because I just don't, Its not out of guilt, if anything I'm looking forward to getting back on the bike this evening! People are noticing the change without me having to point it out.

On top of that I'm saving some cash away for a half day tattoo session, I've never been super happy with my left sleeve because it lacks a lot of the depth I'd expected from it to begin with, parts of it never healed properly and I probably should have chosen a different artist. Its got a few odd gaps in it, the shading isn't consistent throughout the sleeve some parts are darker than the other and the darker bits are washed out and don't look solid black more grey. I take a lot of responsibility for the healing also because I used bepantham which sucks balls, sorry mom is the way to go!

I found someone new who is happy to rework it all by adding darker shades of black to bring out more depth, make everything look fresher, consistent and cleaner and give it a new lease of life. It'll need about 4 hours but he thinks he can smash it out in half a day or the best part of it

The_Crapman and Almightyrastus like this.
  4. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Whaaa? For garden variety FTTC I assume? That's nuts.
    BT's 300mb FTTP is only £60 for new customers!

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

New forums giveaway is finally live after months of work sorting out the behind the scenes stuff.

The_Crapman and adidan like this.
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yarp. Infinity Two, or whatever the 63Mb-ish one is called. £20 a month line rental, £40 a month for the broadband, then a bunch of penny-ante bollocks like £1.50 a month for a paper bill, £1 a month for caller ID, that kind of thing. Roughly.

7. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

We just threatened to leave at the end of the discounted contract. Same given to us again plus some extra channels.

Mind you we'll have a new provider in the next house, need to build up that cashback balance to fund a Ryzen 2 build later in the year.

Or buy a cucumber, depending how trade deals go.

8. Mister_Tad

Oof, that how much copper line rental is these days? My former Sky DSL must have been basically free for the service itself in that case (which is just as well, given it was garbage).

With FTTP, line rental is £1.99 extra. I still opted out.

9. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Vodafone were pretty close with their guess of me getting 70 meg (speedtest shows 66 or so), but I got it on an older offer at £30 per month with a gift of a goPro hero - you get the gift a while after signing up so people don't sign up, get gift, leave before 30 days is up.

10. Gareth Halfacree

This is 18 months at £25, then it goes up to £28 (or 18 months at £27 then up to £30 if you're not also a Vodafone pay-monthly mobile customer.)

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

12. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Given I have had to "finish finish" all of my bikes (because I had left small jobs on each, as you do) I decided to take one for a ride. 1.5 miles, then gassed. That said it was a 20" race bike and it is very very windy out there. Soaked in sweat but forgot how good endorphins were :D

Arboreal likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

This was so worth all the aggro. It's going to look killer in my kitchen :D

[​IMG]

I've also rescued the manky gel arm pads on my chair. All glued down, so they won't move.

[​IMG]

I also cleaned the frame, but the seat needs cleaning (easy). I am also going to redo the paracord on the arm mech in black (not blue like in the pic). I broke the arms 3 days after getting the chair, so they drop if you don't do what I did.

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

16. Mister_Tad

Are you actively trying to upset Nvidia?

Vault-Tec likes this.
  17. MLyons

nothing that breaks an NDA here. Honest guv.

18. Gareth Halfacree

MLyons likes this.
  19. Vault-Tec

looks like it yeah. Why does every 1660ti look cheap and dodgy?

20. Vault-Tec

Sis is out of the ICU now they have finally realised what the issue was. Hopefully now it's onward and upward.

Went out for a ride earlier. Gassed after 1.5 miles but then that was on a 20". Felt nice to get the endorphin rush.

Again today, like yesterday, I got a bumload done. Which I'm dead chuffed about. My pal let me down (as usual) so I've had to pay some one £40 to shift the bikes but at least it puts me back on schedule.