1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project PX03 Darkcrystal wOOdcase FINAL PICS

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 12 Nov 2003.

1. Jonas79

Jonas79 What's a Dremel?

Looking good there :thumb:

It's going to be nice to see how it will look after sanding, painting/oiling and removing of masking. I don't have enough imagination to see exactly how it will turn out :worried:

Greate job anyway :D Mod on :dremel:

2. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

of course , hope i get time enough to finish sanding on next week and to start the setting in painting :) i will receive the two last blue ccfl on friday and then i think that i ll goes on with sanding...

3. ben184

ben184 What's a Dremel?

How are you planning to paint the wood without covering the plexi? And what color?

4. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

i would paint it black and of course I would cover the plexi with 6 mm band tape

5. o0mercer0o

o0mercer0o What's a Dremel?

wow :eeek: that's a great job! I love the wood and plexi combo. Are you painting the wood or staining it? I think a really light birch finish would look amazing.

Keep up the good work. :thumb: I can't wait to see it finished.

6. o0mercer0o

sorry you must have posted your last message when i was writing mine :sigh:

7. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

you re welcome ;)

8. ben184

ben184 What's a Dremel?

Wow. That will be quite a masking job! Good luck!

The case looks awsome already!

9. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks, the preparation and the realization of painting are likely to be the most difficult of work

10. cargocult

cargocult Guest

oh no no no no no!!! The piccies from page 5 and 6 are gone!!! Please bring them back, your case are too sweet and I cannot wait to see your further progress!

Very nice case!!!:) If I could make one minor negative remark to your plan, are'nt you afraid paiting the inside of your case black will make the overall impression too dark??? A lot of the light will be absorbed before it does any good, IMHO.

Good thing about the little 'french brush-up course'. My language skills are detiriorating, so I could need that :hip:

11. dallas

dallas What's a Dremel?

Excellent work, love the lighting. :rock:

12. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thanks fot your remark, i dont think that the inside dark paint will cause any problem , well I will see result and then advise :)

13. o0mercer0o

aren't you a little scared that even though you are taping the plexi, the paint still might get in the seams? I think it looks great with the light wood finish and the blue lighting. Plus even if you paint it you will still see the wood through the plexi.
    Whether you paint it or not it's still an awesome job! :clap: I love design. Great work :thumb:

14. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

i have the obligation to paint it , first because of the mastic and second i dont like wood appearence, I dont think that painting on tape wil going wrong but even the result is wrong iI will re-sand all the case and try another way, I would like an excellent finish for this project :) ; the wood wouldnt seen through the plexi because on the top and the case face I will not polish it ;)

15. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

the day's update :D

I nearly finished the plexi window and I fix it on case ,I bought some black wood screws (the only ones I found), I make holes for screws in the plexi and after in the wood I will cut these screws to the right dimension

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder whether I will not make a bevel around, may be i ts possible that the lightning will be see throught the plexi's edge, i ll try it to see :)

16. Visualaid

Visualaid What's a Dremel?

:clap: :clap: :clap: havent posted before this and i was here when u posted started the topic :). All i gotta say is damn good work their. the craftsmanship is amazing!"!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Happy you followed my work :)

18. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

I agree this is one of the better mods on the forum, I really like it

And sorry if i read over it but are u going to paint it and if so will the lexaan strips still be visible ? (u could tape it :))

19. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

thank you very much, of course i m going to bandtape the lexan, my plans are to paint some lexan parts and some other not to give a special design to the lightning :)

20. lokki

lokki What's a Dremel?

Cool. I like the idea of the case painted black with the black woodscrews in the window. Gives a nice sleek, industrial look.

More and more impressive each post! :thumb: