E.U: Leave or Stay? Your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by TheBlackSwordsMan, 22 Feb 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I hear he is actually the ghost that follows you around in Kojima's Silent Hill P.T.

Because democracy, clearly.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Also he can tell apart dark grey / dark blue / black socks on the first attempt, burn the witch.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. Nexxo

I think that's just because he's gay. It's this special power they have; I've seen it in queer eye for the straight guy*.

It's also why the DUP hates gay people --DUP members can only see in black-and-white.

* If you don't get it, you have to watch the show. It's on Netflix.

5. RedFlames

they probably hate black as much as they hate rainbows... orange or gtfo for the DUP...

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

What's with all the talk about housing and lack thereof? That supposed to to be the EU's fault too, rather than greedy estate agents, greedier banks and Lawrence Llewlyn-Bowen?

Also, you know that thing where you should always check your sources? Someone was shouting about "golf courses take up 2.2% of the land in England, but housing only 1%, so let's build on golf courses." I know golf courses can be expansive, but that seemed seriously wrong, or wildly skewed and manipulated. Is that just houses, or are flats, student accommodation, multi purpose buildings counted? Is that excluding gardens? Asked for a source and was provided with an FT article (that is was able to read once but now need to pay?) which was discussing that statistic which has apparently been banded about a lot, investigating whether it was valid, asking the same questions I did. The conclusion was no, it was bs, using only house building footprint, excluding gardens, drives, paths (who knows what else), ignoring the fact many golf course land would be unsuitable for housing (like one I go to that backs right onto Birmingham airport) and uses and extremely high estimate for total golf course area, assuming all would be ginormous 8000yrd stadium Monsters.

When I questioned whether the person posting had actually read the article as it was disproving the statement, the whole post strangely disappeared :hehe:

7. Nexxo

The Tory government's policy is to get rid of social housing by privatising it. Right to buy, and the rest can rent from private landlords who take on the financial risk of property development and maintenance. Erode rights to live in decent housing --let market forces sort them out. Sell, sell, sell that land along with all other UK assets to private investors (preferably your mates).

By the next generation we'll be back to Victorian times: those that own property, and those that don't.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, recently: "I'd rather be dead in a ditch than beg for an extension."
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, today: "I'mma totally ask for an extension."

Life comes at you fast...

9. RedFlames

He also said he'd lie in front of the Heathrow bulldozers... maybe he's gonna do a 2 for 1...

...or it's all bollocks, as per.

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I guess the rubber is really going to meet the road on the 19th as they're still insiting that we'll leave on the 31st come what may. o_O

11. RedFlames

I think the plan™ is blame labout et al for forcing the extension... mainly as as it stand right this moment there is precisely **** all incentive for them to vote for a deal, even one they don't hate.

12. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

He's been doing plenty of lying, he's just been doing it everywhere else...

13. RedFlames

MLyons and edzieba like this.
  14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Christ on a bike...

15. Nexxo

Ladies and gentleman, we are now entering Magritte politics: "Ceci n'est pas une lettre de retard"...

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Oh, I disagree: it is most definitely a letter from a retard.

Wait, it's possible I translated that incorrectly...

Nexxo likes this.
  17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Why does the misunderstanding of the EU still persist in some politicians minds after all this time, Eurosceptics still don't understand that being a member of the union is more important to other members than cutting some sort of side deal with what's probably going to be a country on its knees.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You're having a laugh, right? There is not misunderstanding, just wilful misrepresentation of the facts to support their own agenda; or that of their benefactors.

19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

What can i say, I'm pretty gullible and normally apply Hanlon's razor when i disagree with someone. :)

In other news a think tank is saying that leaving without a deal would push the nations debt to a 50 year high.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Whoops.