1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Whatever happened to Parvum?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The_Crapman, 8 Jan 2020.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

At a point not so long ago, a parvum case was in every other project log. They were doing mad builds themselves. They'd gotten their cases onto overclockers, thwy had the enthusiast crowd in the palm of their hand. But things seem to have gone quiet, their twitter and Instagram accounts appear dormant. Their website was a mess a while ago but seems ok now, but the case owners thread on overclock.net seems to be a tale of woe. Then I saw these very parvum looking but "not parvum" itx cases on overclockers. Imersa hasn't posted a log in am age and the last few threads created was selling stuff. :worried:

Anyone any idea what happened or is happening?

Last edited: 8 Jan 2020
    adidan likes this.
  2. Osgeld

Osgeld Minimodder

dunno, on your link I see a 200$ dan case on the same page as a 35$ cooler master (which I use) and until this day I have never heard of Parvum, I am in the USA

so maybe crowded market + party time mad builds + limited brand = phhht

The_Crapman likes this.
  3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

4. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

When I bought my prototype ITX Parvum case some years ago they were flat out busy as they were a 3 person team, so a truly small business. They were slow to respond, but did get it all done as required; I guess it's still the same and Justin (Imersa) is too busy making cases to post regularly.
    The 'other' cases you saw from Lazer 3D are made in the UK, by a guy in Greater Manchester. He's been quite active on the SFF Network forum, and has at least a couple of designs.
    Although they're made from acrylic sheet, they differ from Parvum by having cleverly designed 3D printed joining/corner pieces to create the structure.

The_Crapman likes this.
  5. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

They're still going, I know Justin has become busier with other work I think, and so he's certainly not as active in terms of posting etc.
    Normally stuff they list for sale is from previous builds used for shows etc I think.

Should be getting a new case from them on Friday hopefully :)

The_Crapman likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Just clicked on your Parvum build link in your sig George, it be dead in case you didn't know.

The_Crapman likes this.
  7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I did not know, I'll remove it and maybe try to find it again later hah.

The_Crapman likes this.
  8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Thanks all!