1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

KVM? Very organised.
    I have a complete duplication of input devices for the gamer; a better mouse than work PC and a TKL with reds as I take it to LAN (not currently...).
    Last night's weekly LAN was 2 steam games and wrestling with Hamachi to get other reluctant faves to play, plus a round or 2 of the unofficial Halo 3.

One upside is that we 3 others have got the host to buy PUBG, so we have a guaranteed game and a full squad at last! #socialdistandingupside

2. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Just been shopping in Workington, came home with a battermix, tin of spuds, jar of coffeemate and 8 tins of lager. Things are getting serious.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

The youngest's getting worse: nasty cough, temperature, really wanted to play in the garden at lunchtime but couldn't summon up the energy to stay outside more than a few minutes. Eldest's still just got a mild cough and a general feeling of grottiness. Wife's been coughing a while, but no temperature so I think that's unrelated. I'm still OK, for now at least.

4. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Be careful. Your posts are starting to sound like environmental storytelling log entries that a player character is meant to read a few centuries from now.

LennyRhys, Nexxo, Mister_Tad and 3 others like this.
  5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Went to buy some canned diced tomatoes the other day, the canned goods isle was completely bare. Went to the organic section, plenty still available. Bless America.

6. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Another BoE base rate cut, this time to 0.1%. And more QE. It's no secret that most world economies will be falling off a cliff, but I wonder if we (and other countries) will temporarily suspend publishing economic stats?

That sucks, hope you're all feeling better soon.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  7. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Fiancé contacted me this morning whilst I was at work to say she'd got a dry cough, decided to pay it safe and head home, not really coughed in the past couple of hours since I've been home but we'll see, think officially we're self isolating now, so that's 14 days in a flat, at least it will be a good test for remote working considering I was intending on suggesting that in a couple of months when I move to save me having to look for another job straight away :D

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I'm half tempted on trying to go get bread again, i **** you not after the announcement of the schools closing yesterday everyone went absolutely bat ****. my local Asda looked like it was from the ****ing zombie apocalypse.

9. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Looks like it's not just the corner shops and Polski Skleps that have stock: just had an email from Bradford District Council claiming the Oastler Market up at the top end of town has full stock of all the essentials. Moral of the tale here appears to be "support your local small businesses."

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup. And farm shops have loads of fresh stuff in, pricey though.

11. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

Cant find a single spud in Cumbria.

12. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I north Bristol, there's no small shops only super markets. In sainsbury's all fruit and veg gone this evening, all canned stuff, pasta, rice, meat, frozen. There was actually very little food. I'm hoping it was just because thursday is the old and frail day for sainnsburys in the morning. I'm going to try again for stuff tomorrow.

My work's building is now 85% empty of other businesses, meanns I can go in with reduced risk at least. Its the pain of being a hardware engineer that I need to be in the office. They're cleanning door handles multiple times a day in the building at least. The uni campus is dead, saw lots of studennts packing up and leaving the last few days. This to me seems really stupid, but less transmission vectors and panic buyers for me.

I hope everyone stays well!

13. adidan

Think I heard Tescos are planning to have an hour before opening on Sundays at some stores set aside for NHS workers to shop (and Tescos staff i think).

14. adidan

I saw they shut down Newcastle Uni the other day, all that did was create massively crammed pubs spilling out onto the streets from early on in the day.

Not sure what they thought young students would do...

15. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

jesus christ, the shops are utter lunacy, what the **** is wrong with people? I haven't been able to buy bread for 3 days now.

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

There's none at UWE as far as I can sell, all catering has been shut apart from one SU shop too.

adidan likes this.
  17. adidan

18. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Hope your kids are on the mend soon. And the missus (I suspect her cough may be stress).

[​IMG]

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  20. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Filton Sainsburys.

Did a shop for my elderly parents in there this afternoon, it was about 70% stripped bare, wish people would stop being dicks about i.

Bloody_Pete likes this.