1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Coronavirus Thread

Discussion in 'Serious' started by d_stilgar, 13 Mar 2020.

1. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

I smell a sore deltoid in the near future. Fourth stab booked for 18th

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Still suffering. It is now mostly a buggered head and exploding sinuses.

3. Risky

Risky Modder

I better get on and get a booster. I did have my first COVID illness in the summer and it was a bloody nasty flu for sure. Hopefully after that and a booster I might have a decent immunity level for the winter.

I do worry about low takeup this autumn. The problem is that every nasty illness or condition anyone had last year gets attributed to the vaccine so a lot of people are wary. Plus additional hesitancy about kids. The last one is odd.... it's kids that we normally give vaccines to, after all.

I wait some study to see if there is any refusal to take vaccines for folk going off on exotic holidays. I suspect not.

4. adidan

Like I said elsewhere, feeling like I'm improving.

Day 6 for me since testing positive and still testing positive (was grotty a couple of days prior too but negative then).

The OH started testing negative on day 5 but she has the immune system of an ox compared to mine.

She still looks battered though so whatever variant it is it cares not on your resilience, if you're more like me it just drags on longer.

But yeah, silver linings :thumb:

5. adidan

This is getting tedious now.

Edit: Day 10 since first positive and now finally negative.

Still feel really crap though but not really really really crap.

#miniwin

Last edited: 11 Oct 2022
  6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64818969

"I am shocked and horrified at the betrayal of my trust after handing a vast trove of confidential government communications to a far right mouthpiece."
    Former Minister, Far Right mouthpiece, philanderer and serial liar Matt Hancock.

In a way, it's quite impressive how these serial backstabbers keep placing huge amounts of trust in each other. Underneath all that bluster there must be some real faith in the fundamental goodness of human nature.

7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm most amazed that she's going with the "it's not about the money its about doing a service to the nation" argument for it. I must be "utterly insane" for thinking that.

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I think my favourite part of all this is that Oakeshott has literally done this exact same thing before.

She signed up to ghostwrite Arron Banks' book, The Bad Boys of Brexit (boke), he shared a bunch of emails with her for background and... she turned around and published them. In 2018.

Then she signed up to ghostwrite/publish Matt Hancock's book, Pandemic Diaries, he shared a bunch of text messages with her for background and... she turned around and published them.

I'm shocked. Shocked! Well, not that shocked.

I do believe that it wasn't about the money, though. At least, I hope it wasn't... 'cos if she signed an NDA with Hancock, which she will have done, every penny and more is going straight into his pocket - or, at least, that of the legal firm he retains.

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

She was also the one that wrote the book talking about David Cameron allegedly performing a sex act involving a dead pig

10. adidan

Sh*t attracts flies and she likes to fly around gobbling up the stuff.

There's nobody to cheer for in this scenario.

keef247 likes this.