1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster Wow, my first elecrtic shock!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by SiMonTiST, 14 Jul 2003.

1. white modder

white modder What's a Dremel?

lol his first shock
    how old are you
    my first shock was when i was 6 years old

2. damfoose

damfoose What's a Dremel?

First shock was with a bedside light still plugged in and turned off I was about 4 or 5 at the time took the darn thing appart to see how it worked grabbed the whole unit and bang flying lessons not funny. Since then ive had many more shocking experiances mainly due to being distracted and not watching what I was doing but the funniest ones I have had are from a firing box ( the explosive box type ) used to wire the darn thing up to diffrent empty mettal boxes it was a game to see who you could shock you would wire the box up hide it in a stack of empties wait then hit the switch ZZZAAaaaaaappppp then duck as the box goes flying it sure made your arm tingle for a while.

3. Butch

Butch What's a Dremel?

OUCH, making my newest project, Intense Heat, i did what somebody said not to do :rolleyes:

Please dont touch your psu heatsink when on, my arm was dead for a day later :lol:

4. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I was fortunate enough to do that when stood on a carpeted floor...

Only about 50 volts RMS then :hehe:

5. Butch

Butch What's a Dremel?

EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME TOO!!

nothing, just a tingle,

THEN THE KICKBACK

ohh boy this will teach me!!

6. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

There was a video that my friend sent me of this guy who had someone deliberately use a stun gun and DIRECTLY stun his ... :rolleyes:

All I can say is ouch.

7. lokki

lokki What's a Dremel?

My turn!

I was about 7, a classic situation where dad says "don't stick your finger in HERE", so of course I had to when he wasn't looking. (I think it was a lamp he was rewiring) :eeek: Direct wall current, woke me right the hell up and I must have squealed or something cuz he turned around and seeing the look on my face...ah youth!

Lessee, I've also hit the hot wire with my Leatherman while repairing a lightswitch. Shocked the crap outta me, blew a fuse and melted a hole in the Leatherman's blade.

hmm...what does it say about me that my first post is in *this* thread? :D

8. Dazbo666

Dazbo666 What's a Dremel?

Think that was on one of the "Jackass" progs, or something similar????
    One guy was poked with a cattle prod, and another one did a "live test" of a taser? NOT good!! :nono: :hehe:

9. glennd_05

glennd_05 What's a Dremel?

i've been shoked a few times

once it was a horse fence, didn't piss on it just brushed up against it

another time, i unplugged my blacklight while it was turned on, didn't know they held a charge and zapped myself, not to bad

and once on a bare wire in my old comp, i think 12v, not too bad

i have one of those electric push starts out of a grill, those are fun, i have foung a nerve in my wrist that will take the curent up into my hand, feels really cool

-glenn

10. Axl

Axl What's a Dremel?

I had a bad one when i worked in McDonalds.
    A water tube had loosened from inside a big tray washing machine.
    Aparently there were some open wireing inside there.
    I slid on my ass 9 feet back on the wet floor and banged into the wall :D
    Atleast i got to go home early :thumb:

11. B|@c|<|c3

B|@c|<|c3 What's a Dremel?

I have this little shocking pen, gives you about 30V low power though, when you hold it and pust down the pushbutton, its funny, and it gives you a constant shock until you depress the button. :lol:

I touched one of the disposeable camera flashes and it scared the heck outa me, I threw the camera across the room and stepped on it, getting another shock, lol

12. redhawk

redhawk What's a Dremel?

I have been in electronic repair for 25 years now and have shocked myself many times. The higher the voltage usually just tosses you away. It just become deadly when one hand is on earth ground and one is on the voltage. Once it passes the heart your in trouble. Same goes for one foot and one hand. They teach us to keep one hand in your pocket while working in live equipment, but this seldom happens correctly. Voltage doesn't kill, current kills. Static discharge is 50 thousand volts, but just stings when you are in a store on carpet and touch a metal cloths rack. But if it was only 120 volts , but substantial current you be dead. Foot to finger passes the heart. Thank God static electricity is low current. :eeek:

13. avsfan733

avsfan733 What's a Dremel?

lets see.....worked as an electrician so I have been shocked a bit, and not only from work but from all sorts of other stuff

120v isn't bad...you get used to it, after a while me and some of the guys would zap each other in the leg for fun :rock: :naughty:

220v got me one time doing demolition...rubbed a bare arm against worn down wires, and it blew me off a ladder onto a cement floor which caused a nice little concussion

me and friends also used to build zappers out of flashbulb circuits from dispossables. Those things will zap ya good because the caps have a hih current discharge that lasts a pretty long (comparitively) amount of time.

the last one didn't zap me, but did temporarily damage my vision, taking apart a monitor for a project, my friend decided to discharge the caps with an insulated screw driver, it not only flashed a light that actually blinded us for abot ten minutes, but it welded the screw driver to the damn thing...this is forged chromeoly to not soft stuff

then there was the time i got stun gunned by my neighborh (a DEA agent) for a demonstration...hehe got paid $200 bux!!

14. Fr0z3n

Fr0z3n What's a Dremel?

I have been shocked so many times I have lost count. :lol:

15. Eyes in the Dark

Eyes in the Dark What's a Dremel?

changing the light fitting in my room.....yeah done it before easy.....turn the lights off at the switch.....piece of cake

Well I popped off the fitting and there was an extra cable....oh well I though, never mind

....what a loop in system anyways???

that "spare" wire was the live one.....that kinda felt funny shooting through my finger....

....and yes, since you ask I was stood on a metal step ladder :duh:

16. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

I was unpluging some lights in the rain on the weekend (yes, I know water and electricty don't mix :nono: , that's why I was unpluging them (actually, it was at a fair and they decided to put the fireworks on despite the rain, and I wanted to turn off the lights to see the fireworks better)) but anyway it felt "kinda weird" if ya know what I mean.

We have 240V here in Australia and I've been shocked by 6, 9, 12 and 24V that felt a lot worse than that (it wasn't so much a shock as a tingle) i didn't touch any wires or anything (its just that the whole thing, and me were soaking wet due to the rain), and it didn't pass thought me (one hand in pocket, rubber shoes, standing on a truck with rubber wheels) so I'm wondering how much I got...

17. Mrs Gnome

Mrs Gnome What's a Dremel?

"Darwinian" theory says you should all be dead :eyebrow:

18. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Yes, but hopefully I manage to live and learn from my mistakes.

Good thing about electric shocks: that negative re-enforcement really prevents you from attempting to do that again :eeek:

/me just finished doing some house wiring the other day without frying anything, mucho fun :D

19. [cibyr]

[cibyr] Sometimes posts here

DIY house wireing is illeagal here... even for just network cables :( didn't stop that backhoe guy triping the safety switch by cutting clean through a live wire in my backyard...

20. B|@c|<|c3

B|@c|<|c3 What's a Dremel?

hahah!! 120V under my finger nail 2 days ago, scared the sh*t outa me, I also spun in circles, lol, i was jumping around cursing every word in the book, lol, It didnt hurt, i'd do it again if I was ASSURED i wouldnt die, lol

Last edited: 3 Dec 2003