1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Went for a walk today in Saunton Sands. Climbed a couple of massive dunes, one I went up the near vertical face of. Saw some amazing views and got some great pictures. Wouldn't have thought this possible just a few months ago, wouldn't even have cared to try, but a lot of hard work (through physio and the mod) is paying off.
    [​IMG]

Things are finally coming up Milhouse.

Arboreal, IanW, adidan and 4 others like this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I had family that used to live in Redruth. Probably miles away, but the dunes were just like that. Proper dream as a kid playing in those things !

Well, until my dad and uncle discovered an enormous unexploded bomb and the whole camp site had to be evacuated lmfao. They were in the paper and everything. They dug up the tail end and my uncle wanted to **** it with a spade lmao. There wouldn't have been much left of them !

I don't know exactly where it was but I do remember there was a church buried under the sand with the crucifix on the roof poking out of the sand? Oh and I got sunstroke and spent the third week puking lol.

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  3. The_Crapman

Associate creative director at ubisoft, in charge of level design for td2, saw my mod on cowcotland and shared it on twitter.

I'm running out of room for all these chufty badges. :hehe:

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

[​IMG]

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  5. The_Crapman

[​IMG]

Byron C, MLyons and adidan like this.
  6. Vault-Tec

But you don't have a gold blue peter badge.

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

My wife just cracked 3 million followers on Chinese Tiktok and has been invited to audition to compete on a debate and a comedy roast tv show.
    It's pretty amazing as she only started 5 months ago and barely used social media at all before.

Arboreal, The_Crapman, IanW and 2 others like this.
  8. The_Crapman

Should be starting at 26:22

I'm sure you're all getting bored of me by now, but I still can't believe something I made is that good. lol And if you haven't already GO AND VOTE! I'm not saying vote for me, make sure you check out the other mods and vote for your favourite.

Vault-Tec, perplekks45 and adidan like this.
  9. adidan

They were nice and gushy about it mate, hopefully that got a few more votes for you :thumb:

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

You’re in my neck of the woods now boy.. I’m a stones throw away. How disconcerting...... for you.

I bagged a Sony HIFI system... bloke was offering it up for £20 I took his hand off. Amp alone is worth £80-£100 so decent resale value, I’m already in profit 24 hours later

coming up to the end of the month, bank holiday means paid the following Friday and I’m not desperately in need of it... Payday will be spent mulling over quickbooks before panic paying bills.

The_Crapman and Arboreal like this.
  11. The_Crapman

Sadly no longer. Back in the dreary Midlands. :sigh:

12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Well if it makes you feel better there's a very gentle calming coastal breeze here, the sun shining through an absence of cloud and off into the distance is clear blue calming waves of the Atlantic Ocean lapping into the horizon....

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Why don't you go f---- Hey there, lovely description of a beautiful view at the sea!

:worried:

DeadP1xels, Byron C and The_Crapman like this.
  14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I just watched the video, they seemed to like it A LOT. Fingers crossed for the competition, mate! :thumb:

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Relief that my daughter has been awarded decent GCSE results that reflect her efforts and has a place at 6th form where she wanted to be. It's been a weird build up, and we can now move on.

I hope other families have had a good GCSE day, I know it hasn't been plain sailing for all.

My daughter's school has an odd 6th form admission policy. They have 270 in year 11 and 200 in years 12 & 13, BUT they only take 100 form existing pupils and offer the other half of the places to pupils from other schools in the town and next door town...

In other news, my late to arrive PC kit arrived today having found out that we'd not had a Royal Mail red 'yo were out' card for it last Friday.
    A quick trip to the collection office at 7am resolved that and it's now up & running on the bench.

Last edited: 20 Aug 2020
    IanW, Pete J, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  16. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

@DeadP1xels, she's the other one in the family with a Cornish name. We couldn't find a suitable one for our son who arrived first.

17. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Despite having multiple copies—on their tablets and Nintendo Switch—my boys really like the Xbox360 edition of Minecraft. Last week an incident left the disk horrible scratched and unreadable. Since then while watching random videos and multiple applications of Novus Plastic Polish I managed to restore disk functionality.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2020
    ElThomsono likes this.
  18. adidan

Caught the cat out of the corner of my eye drinking from her new water fountain.

I'd removed the top part and pump so it's effectively just a big bowl but i'll give her a week or so and reassemble. Then some time later i'll try switching it on for a bit.

Slowly, slowly, catchy pussycat.

IanW, Pete J, Byron C and 1 other person like this.
  19. Vault-Tec

Just arrived at my mother's to about 30 parcels lmao. It's taken me over an hour just to get it all out of the packing :D

Christmas in August :D

20. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Life part II started. Can't go into details yet but I can give a hint: massive changes are coming.

Time to be happy and live.

IanW, ElThomsono, adidan and 2 others like this.