1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

If it makes you feel any better, I grew up with hearing loss myself, and know a couple of other people with various degrees of it, and we all turned out okay in the end ( even if we tend to be a bit weird). Ultimately it's just something you learn to deal with, and getting thrown in the deep end is probably the quickest way to do that.

You should check what SEN support the school offers. Getting stuck in classes not being able to hear what the teacher is talking about is another situation you want to avoid, and maybe having someone you know can check up on him generally could help put your mind at rest. EDIT: Maybe less applicable to nursery, but something to look out for in future.

DeadP1xels likes this.
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

New camera arrived this morning, despite UPS's best efforts to make me miss it, having been told it would be coming tomorrow. And it's got little scratches on the sensor, a couple of dots that look like damage rather than dirt from how the edges, as well as a load of other detritus including something pube-esque. Very difficult to get pictures of it because my phone just want to focus on the reflection of the light source.

Contacted the seller and he claims to have cleaned it before he sent it and it could just be dust, but it's definitely more than just dust. He said I could try cleaning it and checking the images and if wasn't happy then could return. Think I might try as was a good deal.

Edit: no, it's going back. The more look at it the unhappier I am. As I can't get a decent picture of it before hand I'm not willing to try and clean it and then get blamed for what's already there. Plus it's something that will just forever annoy the **** out of me.

Last edited: 4 Jan 2021
  3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

So seems marriage is over, agreed she can buy me out (after much heated discussion that be building a kitchen from scratch does add value to a house) getting a decent share that leaves her in the house and I can set up nicely, but the kicker, she started that rolling so mid Jan I'll probably have a chunk of money and legally have to leave the house.

2 houses I was interested were already under offer and in progress and I have only just been able to see 1 house today and that is now under offer.
    Houses are selling fast!

But she says she's not kicking me out, and she wants to be friends, well you didn't give me time to have a good look or give me some time to handle all this.

Still love the girl, but she is showing a mean side

5. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Surprised you didn't send it back straight after this.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

They were tiny (as in thin), so without the other bits I might not have looked that hard for them, but ultimately as soon as the return was filed I felt happy so was the right decision. Seller to their credit has been fine with the return and it's packed with return label ready for the post office. Already sourced a new one, but through Jessops so hopefully no funny business.

I was going to wait, till the return had gone through, but while pondering a new x-t200 I saw they had used section. As they only had 1 camera and one of the stock (and therefore relatively cheap) lenses I thought I'd grab it while I could rather than wait and regret.

Mr_Mistoffelees and Pete J like this.
  7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

My order of a premium sleeping bag from a dodgy Chinese website arrived today!

[​IMG]

Tossers.

Oh well, I should've known better as it was about a fifth of the price it should've been. Annoying, but not an amount I can be bothered to try and recover my from the depths of the Far East. Hopefully they aren't contaminated with coronAIDS but if you don't hear from me after a fortnight, well, it's been great and keep on trucking.

8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Thick eBay buyers...

"Oh this isn't quite right... Hmmmm... should I initiate a free return to retrieve my much needed money? possibly contact the seller for a resolution of sorts?"

"Na... let's just leave some negative feedback!"

[​IMG]

N.... O..... _ W...O...R... K........... S

Perfect.

9. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Job hunting: Got my first reply "Sorry, you've been unsuccessful" urgh.

Sam

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

At least they responded, Sam. Most don't bother.

Good hunting!

samkiller42 likes this.
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Dude, it sucks out there at the moment. Employers have a huge choice, so you'll probably have to swallow a lower than expected wage (I did). On the other hand, my old team leader ended up in a much better job, so there's hope!

Keep on plugging away...

samkiller42 likes this.
  12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah it's a small mercy but a response is better than left floating in limbo.

I mean that's not going to make it that much better.

Good luck with the hunt though, hang in there.

As always the forum is open 24/7 for ranting. :thumb:

samkiller42 likes this.
  13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

As of Monday 11 January 2021 I will be furloughed for up the a month or more. It's kind of financially a burden but not too much and I still have a job I guess.

14. David

We were sent home on Thursday and furloughed from Jan 2nd. We've been pretty lucky and received full pay while furloughed last year. I believe it's now 80% salary from now on though.

The missus works in care, so she's been going to work as normal for the past year, and has been tested at least once a week for the past since months. I think it's three times a week now.

Sprog1 has just informed me he is coming home early to self isolate, because someone he works with has tested positive and his workplace is closing to allow all staff to get tests and isolate. On his birthday too.

I suppose he'll get to spend time with his birthday present - I upgraded his PC and bought him a bottle. Every cloud and an all that...

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Surely you don't still need to feed him from a bottle...

MLyons likes this.
  16. David

No, he's quite capable of holding it himself

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  17. samkiller42

Thanks all. Got my 2nd "Sorry, you're unsuccessful" this morning. I'll keep sending applications out. I'm ok with money and bill's till mid Feb, but then things will get very interesting.

I am remaining positive though.

Sam

adidan and Pete J like this.
  18. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What sort of work are you looking for? Wonder if a bit-tech job board thread would work

Pete J likes this.
  19. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

What ? Like : needed : Scooper/walker ... to keep the doge company ?

20. samkiller42

I'm quiet open to ideas. I've just spent the last 16 years working in food retail. I think currently my biggest stumbling blocks are, lack of any other experience, and no driving license.

Sam