1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Last edited: 12 Sep 2021
    Pete J likes this.
  2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I like a challenge

Only after I've had a few brews

Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Fingers66, IanW, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Zip ties?

One of these instead.

[​IMG]

Chuck the key down the nearest drain. Best £7 you will ever spend...

5. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

[​IMG]

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Devious, that'd need a trip back into the store to pick up a felt tip pen to defeat, or just break out the car jack

7. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

That's a home depot cart - about the worst possible store to do that at, unless your only goal is only costing them ~$15 in tool rental fees (or $9 for a hacksaw and a bit of elbow grease).

8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I had a Citadel lock, one of the earliest versions of that kind of bike lock. When I had given up cycling, I tried to see if a hacksaw would do anything to it. Took a little of the protective plating off...

9. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Naturally the good locks with proper hardened steel will make a mockery of a hacksaw, but nothing stops an angle grinder.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Ruining? Yes. Because I looked up those cards on Fleabay..

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My job. Yes, I only started in May and yes, I know I should give them more time, but I'm almost ready to hand in my resignation. The customer I'm responsible for is a double-faced, lying, lazy, and ridiculously pushy arsehole. The company I work for is about as well-organised as Boris Johnson's hair, and overall I feel left alone to pick up the pieces and work myself to a hospital bed. I am paid very well, but this is something I don't care for and might just pull the plug on.

12. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

The job before the one I got made redundant, I was already looking for a new job within 3 months but ended up being there for over a year - I wish I'd left sooner.

perplekks45 likes this.
  13. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Overclockers.co thinking I'm using a bot or auto-refresh script, and require me to raise a ticket on their forum (so join their forum) to have the restriction lifted :eyebrow:
    Erm, how's about no, sod off, jog on etc etc etc, I shall go elsewhere for my parts thank you very much, howabout you fix your website you might lose less sales. :jawdrop:

FFS, I've just had an unexpected £1.3k dropped in my lap, have poor impulse control and fancied a new precious.

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I feel like crap. Awake on and off all night, sweating like crazy, too hot with covers on, too cold without. Feel proper sick, head is feeling all woolly. If I had been going into the office today, I would not be going into the office today.

Had a shower, and trying to nibble on sommat to eat, lets see if that does owt to help things.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Time for the car's MOT and service. Got there at 8am and we were told roughly 3-4hrs to do both.

MOT Fail: Rear offside coil spring snapped. That's pretty bad, so go right ahead...

But....

All four brake discs are worn and lipped... And the pollen filter needs changing... And the coolant needs flushing and changing... And the brake hydraulics needs flushing and changing...

And the car is supposed to be cheaper to maintain than my ST1300A Pan European bike....

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Go buy a Haynes manual.
    They do that, but unless below minimum thickness it's perfectly normal, and unless you've got OEM honda cheese discs they'll go for 100,000 miles +

Normal consumable item, stops your air con getting smelly, and normally only a tenner

It'll survive without that, but if following the owners manual to the letter nothing that can't be done in five minutes with a hose pipe.

Y'know that's one job I've never, ever done on any vehicle, except for topping up after a wee bleed down when changing pads.

Unless you're needing to keep a warranty intact of course, in which case you've gotta suck it up

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

It used to be a lot easier when you could buy ATE super blue; sitting watching a yellow fluid change to another, slightly lighter shade of yellow isn't easy.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I have neither the time, the tools, the working space, nor the inclination to start learning to do this stuff myself.

Working on the bike? Yeah, absolutely - bring it on! In fact I do plan to get the Haynes manual for my bike! On the car however? Nah, I'm good thanks. I know I'd save a fortune on labour costs, but that saving is offset by the fact it'll take me three or four times as long to do the same job because I don't know what I'm doing.

Getting all this stuff done is fine, it's not a problem - it's all wear and tear type stuff that's going to need to be done eventually. The problem is when it all comes at the same damn time! We got the service and MOT done at the dealer we got the car from, because they had an offer for free MOT tests. But they are ridiculously expensive so we're gonna get a second opinion from a trusted local garage.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Amen to that. As I like to say in response to 'fix it yourself' comments:

'Just because I like sex, doesn't mean I want to become a gynaecologist'