1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Bloodbowl 2 - Bit-tech League

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Goatee, 30 Oct 2021.

1. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ewww! The plaguebearers been hanging out in your room?

I'm pretty sure the 1-1 is good, it was the post-match confirmation I was struggling with, but I couldn't get hold of Midders on the Steam chat either. I don't know if I've got something duff happening on my machine Steam-wise but it was a great game. I did some passing! I'm going to see if I can find the replay.

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Found it - that was a good match to re-watch. Bless the little mouseys - they got absolutely battered from about turn 12 onwards. Think we both did well to hold that draw though, it really could have gone either way at several points in the second half.

I don't know if I've done something daft but I still can't verify the result from my end so @Goatee - you might have to rule presidentially. All looks good from my side though, results-wise (as attached), other than the weird note that says someone (me?) has left, even though all teams are present. I'll grab some management screenshots from Windows, see if I can figure out what's happening with my machine. It's been fine for ages but has been giving me some WHEA errors lately for no (known) reason.

Attached Files:

3. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I am happy with the result as is. It was a well fought and hard earned draw.
    That would have been my issue. The heat finally got to me and I fell asleep. The wife found me about an hour later.

4. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Game completed.

@fix-the-spade @HeroSimon what's the ETA for your games?

5. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Hey bud - hope things are looking up indoors.

Not sure why this passed me by without eliciting a response, so I do apologise - either caught up in the end of season frenzy or clouded by domestic stuff my end (or lost a draft in one of my many recent frustrating BSODs).

Anyway, best belated wishes for speedy recoveries on Nan's part - sounds like she's been lining up for one too many scrimmages. I did look for her replays on Cabalvision but they must have been taken down. Hopefully her MA or S isn't permanently decreased and she just sits out the next few games on the bench before getting back into the starting lineup :thumb:

Goatee likes this.
  6. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@HeroSimon - what's it looking like on the final game of the season?

7. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Morning all!

Firstly and more importantly, hope everything is on the up chez @fix-the-spade. Also, was talking with the junior coach over the weekend and there were questions over whether we were going to get the League back up and running (or indeed, the end of the last season finalised). Is there interest in returning to the stadiums? Would be good to get that regular social savagery fixture back in the diary.

Go on. You know you want to...

8. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@Goatee / @HeroSimon / @Midlight / @fix-the-spade

++INCOMING BULLETIN++

To all coaches on a serious(ish) note.

I'm sure we could all do with some cheering up and some social interaction at this point. Plus it's summer, the turf has re-grown (nutrified by last season's spilt blood), spikes have been sharpened, the crowds are clamouring for their season tickets and the match officials are sweating in the tunnels. Who wants to dust off the sleeping front row, whip up the lazy runners and kick off a new series of bloodsport?

Come on, chaps. It's a little nugget of happy brutality in an otherwise too-real week.
    RSVP

Arboreal likes this.
  9. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I'd be up for a bit of that.
    Life has been a bit full on recently so, it would be good to do something fun. I'm not going to have great availability until the middle/ end of this month but then my diary should open up somewhat.

10. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Fantastic!

Let's give others a chance to respond - I'll put the screws on Si and the kids so there should be 4/5 of us to start. That loon Goatee can no doubt be persuaded (he loves a bit of turf-based violence) but might need help running a league or even handing it over. I can run it if that's the case, but it'll be slow and you'll have to bear with me as I've not done it before.

But that's the key though - relaxed and fun. And no need to start until July if that's the consensus. Wicked stuff :rock:

11. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I can definitely be persuaded. Anyone new fancy joining?

12. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

The Return of the King!

Good to see you back, old boy. Was hoping you'd show up when it was time to be counted.
    :rock:

EDIT: I recently stumbled across the bit-tech group on Steam - is it worth posting something on there in case people are interested that don't necessarily frequent these halls? Don't know what the etiquette is.

Also - I'll happily help with the league management if you can act as head mentor. I know it was a big job before but was very much appreciated. Could really do with something like this happening again.

EDIT EDIT: Let me know if anyone wants a pre-season friendly at some point to get the legs stretched and the rules remembered! PMs welcome.

13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

[​IMG]
    You'd think that would sting a bit more than -1 AG.

I'm getting back into this, chaps. Can't remember any of the awesome tricks we learnt in the last season, but am trying in between rounds of Boltgun to feed my GW fetish. Anyone fancies a tear-up, let me know,

14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Probably worth a shout, my problem is that Bloodbowl just takes too long, I can't sit through an hour long match without something needing me to be away from the machine. I need an Ace Combat version that's all over in 5 minutes or less.

15. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ah, I definitely hear that. Are you WFH these days, maybe fit a quick bash in at lunch? Or straight after work before domestic requirements get in the way?

We could do something daft like Halflings vs .....well, vs anything really! And do turbo timings on the turn counter. Would be a shambles but would get the rusted mental gears working again. In fact, with the hours I keep these days I could probably do before work as well if that's a thing...

16. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

No I'm not WFH, no way I'm bringing patients into my home! It's just the reality that between work and family I can't spend time playing games that need an hour at a time uninterrupted.

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Ha! Didn't realise, but no, that does not sound like a good plan! Especially if you're a brain surgeon...unless they like violent long-winded sports games as recovery therapy...