1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Old chip is a 3700X and the new is a 12400F - neither of them have iGPUs, so you can't have anything other than PCIe being the primary video adapter.

2. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

And, Oh, How we all laughed ... once a suitable amount of time had passed.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Managed to dislocate my shoulder on the way back home from from the hospital. Proper comedy dislocation too. Carrying a couple of rolls of foil insulation home from Screwfix, they're not heavy but big and awkward to keep a hold of. Also got my workbag with laptop and accoutrement on my back. After pausing for a breather I decide to throw them over my shoulders, accompanied by a little jump joggle. That joggle hoofs the bag up and when it lands it pulls my shoulder down as I'm pushing my arm up and pop! I scream and fall to the floor. Luckily went back in relatively quickly, but feels like something is not quite right. Very tingly.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Can't smell or taste anything today. Not too much of a hardship, feeling OK otherwise. However, it did just lead me to getting a mouthful of very gone off milk... nasty.

It gets worse, I could only tell that it was all gone off by the texture of it in my mouth...

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Milk, with extra pulp.

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

If you have to cut milk with a knife then it's probably off

7. Almightyrastus

Now don't get me wrong, I love cottage cheese, but that lumpy goodness is both intentional and expected... This was just plain wrong and I am sooo glad that I could not taste it

That's just it though, from what I could tell, it looked fine. Still moved like it should in the bottle, and I know that I would have been able to tell if I could smell anything...

had a sniff of a bottle of Kraken earlier and got nothing at all.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

When i had what may or may not have been covid, and my tastebuds went to **** for a bit... i tried honey - and i couldn't taste the honey, but i still got the aftertaste of honey... which was bizarre.

9. Almightyrastus

That's it I can kinda tell if something is sweet, but get none of the taste of what it is

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Traffic. Nobody is going anywhere fast, at least in the north. Of course, in a display complete competence, or maybe a piss take, the police camera vans are out in force.

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I was going to ask how you foray to the mainland was going.....

12. Arboreal

My car is going nowhere after a crash mid June and the pace with the insurance company is glacial...
    3 hrs to get through on the phone.
    Now using one chat which 'averages 10 mins' to connect they say.
    This week 40 and 48 mins to connect and find out they have done **** in 2 weeks

13. adidan

Lettings agents. Frickin useless.

If they don't want me to ring my plumber and the tenant to sort out times/dates they want my plumber to. WTF do I pay you for? It's so I don't have to you feckers.

Plus my plumber says they didn't contact him back in May when they said they did.

Absolute numbnuts.

14. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

It picked up once we got south of Nottingham. On the ferry now.

I didn't know you had a crash, mate. Everyone ok?

Arboreal likes this.
  15. adidan

Ditto @Arboreal , hope it wasn't a bad one?

And @David , be careful the mainland's ever growing madness doesn't infect you.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Back with avengeance!

Got up at about 0310 this morning because of an on-call alert and it was fine. But by the time my regular alarm went off at 0900 it was in agony. Getting up first thing this morning was ridiculous, I could barely put any weight on my right foot.

Pretty sure that white bread is one of the things that triggers (or exacerbates) it. Had a big bacon baguette at lunch time on Thursday, I had a large pizza Thursday evening, and I had about half of a large pizza at lunch yesterday because my other half couldn't finish it on Thursday evening. That's a lot of white bread in a short space of time...

17. Arboreal

Nearly home? Good news

Thanks fellas, it was a split second nightmare.

Someone was too far on my side of the road for my liking, I pulled in but too much.
    I clipped the back wheel of a parked car with my front nearside wheel that was turned it. Instant stop...

A bit of wing damage but unhappy suspension and unknown potential subframe and chassis damage.
    I opted to go local, they let me down after 3 weeks, didn't even get it on the ramp, switched to approved repairer in Salisbury (car in Pool 30 miles away...) and then they didn't want to do it.
    Now waiting for valuation as it's beyond economic repair from my photos, except they didn't inform me of this, I had to chase them after radio silence for 2 weeks.

Happily using my daughter's economical Citroen C1, but I can't carry on endlessly with it. Impressed that it carried some 2.4m lengths of wood home; thought my estate car was necessary for that kind of work.

@Byron, sorry to hear you're suffering, I didn't know white bread could be a trigger. Hope it improves soon

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Processed carbs, innit. Brown bread doesn't seem to be an issue, but white bread might be.

Hope your get the car woes sorted soon! I got messed around like crazy when I had my motorbike claim a while back.

EDIT: WOW what the hell was going on with autocorrect there!!

Last edited: 30 Jul 2022
    Arboreal likes this.
  19. Arboreal

Thanks, it's just one more thing I could do without at the moment.

FTFY by the way!

Vault-Tec, The_Crapman and Byron C like this.
  20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder