1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

FTTP N11 Engineer here.
    You was using the modem in dumb modem mode right? If the LAN is dropping out, use a new CAT6/5e cable between the Sky router and the ONT (white Openreach box with green LED's). Them cables are known to not be crimped too well sometimes.
    After that it may be the router needs replacing as they are cheap rubbish.

IanW, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Galaxy Watch 5 Pro 4G
    [​IMG]

3. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nice tempted to pick one up too, not sure I could live with the battery life drop but with trade in, money off vouchers etc from Samsung it'd cost me about 80quid. Been pretty happy with the simplicity of the Amazfit gtr I have and its ~month long battery but its only that good because it can't do much, the Samsung is the other end of the scale, I'd be interested in its real world life once you are out of the dicking about phase.

4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Just locked in 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate for ~£100 + £1 joining fee. Thought it better to do it now in case the Gold conversion rate changes (had an email saying some things will be different from next month).

@Weekly_Estimate - now we just have to wait and see if the poirates turn up! Arrr!

Goatee and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Bloody kids, still her phone was old and it is her 21st next week.
    [​IMG]

b1g-d0g and perplekks45 like this.
  6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I got a Garmin a few years ago and having a smart watch with a 6-7 day battery life is just the perfect balance for me.

I had a cheap-ish Chinese one before that and had to charge it daily. Couldn't imagine doing that ever again.

I wonder how the flashier ones, like the Samsung, do in that department...

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I got a cheap Samsung Watch 3 as their Watch 4 was released, just to put my toe in the water and see if it was something I could live with.

I get 3 days between charges, which ain't great, but isn't too bad / is good enough that it still sits on my wrist

perplekks45 likes this.
  8. Weekly_Estimate

I'll keep you updated when it finally arrives it's oos at the moment so it might be a while.

9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

[​IMG]

Wasnt going to but, well ideally moving next year so may as well now while its available

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A pair of Asus XT8 "Whole House WiFi" devices to try instead of the TP-Link router I returned last week.
    (This is a "known good" unit for replacing Sky's hub on FTTP)

[​IMG]
    The blue port is 2.5G/1G for WAN, the yellow is 3x 1G Ethernet. On each unit!
    They apparently use an extra 5GHz channel for inter-unit backhaul.
    Mine are white, though.

Arboreal likes this.
  11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Looking good, will be interested to see how it goes. From what I gather the extra backhaul channel is essential for decent mesh operation.

IanW likes this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

From Taiwan to Cardiff in 3 days. I guess that's what $56 of shipping gets you! And I did end up having to pay VAT plus a handling charge...

And Terasic's website still says they're on pre-order for 30th Sept. shipping date. @Gareth Halfacree, I hope you consider yourself suitably amazed! :grin: (context)

[​IMG]

Arboreal and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Even if I wasn't amazed that it arrived at all, I'm definitely amazed it only took three days including Customs clearance!

LennyRhys, Byron C and Arboreal like this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Customs clearance took about 7hrs by the look of it. Arrived at FedEx's Stansted hub at 0252 yesterday morning and the next tracking update is "International shipment release - Import" at 0951, also in Stansted.

But they didn't hold it and wait for me to pay fees, they "paid the fees on my behalf". I suspect that if I hadn't paid FedEx as soon as I could yesterday then the delivery would have taken a couple more days.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What usually happens, in my experience, is they deliver it anyway... then you get the letter demanding the cash. Despite having had no chance to refuse delivery.

Then you spend a few months trying to convince them that the £15 webcam they delivered was not worth £1,000, regardless of how they misread the docket, and that you're absolutely definitely 100 per cent not paying £200 in import VAT on it. Fun(!)

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, I recall the "fun" you've had with it... Luckily in this case I managed to escape similar shenanigans, they charged £39.99 VAT and a £12 fee. I was expecting tariffs or duties to be added to that, so I was more than happy to pay it straight away.

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

M1 MacBook Air for the wifey. She's over the moon.
    Her MBP from 2012 is starting to give up, doing all manner of random stuff so thought it a good investment as she uses it for work and all sorts.

18. Weekly_Estimate

I bet she is, it's a marvel of engineering brilliance! congrats to the wifey.

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Great buy. I still admire it every time I use it. The silence, as they say, is deafening.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

An ...interesting trade ;)

Byron C, perplekks45, Pete J and 5 others like this.