1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Good plan, wait for it to jump out at you...

2. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Trouble with silent coolers, you never hear them coming...

IanW, LennyRhys and Byron C like this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Got a Shuriken somewhere.

Oh I think it's still on the 3770 that was retired from backup duties sometimes ago.

I find it difficult to let go of things.

E: I'd love to do something with the Kama Angle but I just seem to keep moving it around in its box.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Mark my words. I will, literally, trip over it at some point. Unfortunately, that point may be next year some time.
    I left the wire fan mounts on it, like a bell on your cat's collar, to stop the sneaky little ****er outflanking me. Me big smart!

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I had a Ninja and it was deadly. As the name implied, it made me bleed several times.

IanW, LennyRhys and David like this.
  6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A set of trackers for my VR setup
    [​IMG]

And a "Dupont" crimp tool to help with my AM5 build over Xmas.[​IMG]

LennyRhys likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I never got on with those crimping tools. No matter how many videos I watch, I just can’t get the technique right to make solid reliable connections.

8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Decades of experience helps. I've been working in and around electronics for all my working life.

LennyRhys likes this.
  9. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

ah yeah, not had these in ages!!

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Gutted about losing my car this week. I’d done a bit of background on potential replacements. I was trying to be relatively sensible in getting a qashqai or focus. Problem being, most decent examples are loaded with pointless technology pushing the top end of the budget…

And then I saw it… I’ve truly loved my 320d despite its issues over the years. It’s been a complete workhorse from day one. This has nothing more than parking sensors and standard in car doodads

I don’t like change.

[​IMG]

12. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Love my 3er touring... will only replace it for another!

Saw your post RE timing chain - it's not an uncommon issue with the N47 diesel lump (google lots of reports), particularly if you follow BMWs generous service intervals. Annual oil changes keeps the timing chain, tensioner and chain guides in much better condition, so on your next car if you're planning on keeping long term, ignore their 2 year or 20k and go annual oil service as a minimum.

Last edited: 15 Dec 2023
  13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Man I love those. I used to eat them all the time in the US, then found them in a random farm market in Dorset.

Tell you what’s funny…. The deeper you get into the bag the hotter and hotter they become. Finishing them is quite the challenge lmao.

The honey mustard ones are superb also.

14. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

And good tools... and patience. There are a lot of cheap crimping tools out there, some of which are absolute gash. I have an "Engineer" crimping tool as a substitute for the Molex tool, and it has been absolutely fantastic for crimping small connectors onto thin wire (24, 22 etc). It's fiddly and you have to crimp the core and the insulation in two separate movements, but it works very well indeed. Your post reminded me that I really want to buy an assortment of Dupont connectors...

IanW likes this.
  15. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

No pics as its just an email confirmation but 2 tickets to see Orbit Culture in Bristol next March. Now we have 3 months to psych ourselves up and not have a compete panic attack... yay for severe anxiety...

b1g-d0g likes this.
  16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

That was my feeling, I’ve tried a few different cars and it’s just not the same. Skoda comes oddly close though… purely driving experience and less so the looks. :lol:

My old 320d lasted 205k miles (150k I put on) so will definitely be doing regular servicing :)

17. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Breaking strain of a hot marsbar.
    Bought the new Macbook pro.
    M3 Max, 36GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Space Black 16".
    [​IMG]
    (image from cnet)

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife was looking into buying a refurbished Macbook Pro, she wants to expand her IT knowledge for work stuffs (some corporate users are on Macs). It was a few years old and had 8GB RAM and a 128GB SSD with her thinking of "it's a pro model, I should be able to upgrade the RAM and SSD"...

I told her to wait and had a look, nope, both RAM and SSD soldered to the motherboard....

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Oof. That’s a tasty spec…

I was issued a 14” M2 Pro MBP for my new job and they’re damn nice machines. Absolutely blown away with the battery life: last time I had it on power was Friday afternoon and by 4pm today it had only dropped to about 35%. Despite me doing development work all day and spinning up various Docker containers throughout the day.

Been that way for a while sadly, and Apple Silicon takes it even further. As well as soldered SSD, the RAM is now on the same package as the CPU die.

Edit: Worth adding the caveat that a lot high-end laptops have soldered memory these days too, it isn’t just Apple. Though Apple have always been one of the worst offenders and has definitely led the trend IMO.

20. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

[​IMG]

Snap! I was using a Lenovo P53 which I love, but it randomly died on me. But phone, tablet, watch is Apple, so thought I’d jump ship.

perplekks45 likes this.