1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

3. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Nevermind, beaten to it.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Gab, which is Definitely Not a Nazi Social Network, has developed a chatbot called "Arya". Yes, I thought it was missing an "n" on the end too. It is definitely the creation of its Very Talented Developers, and not just making API calls to OpenAI's GPT-4 with a hidden pre-prompt.

[​IMG]

Oh. Never mind, then.

EDIT:
    Incidentally, this - minus the Horrific Isms - is exactly what a company means when it tells you it has a "custom chatbot:" it's written a hidden pre-prompt to an existing chatbot. That's why you can get the United Airlines customer service bot to write you a Python script: it's just API calls to someone else's LLM, with a roleplaying-like character assignation prompt stapled to 'em.

If instead of "you are a helpful customer service assistant" your pre-prompt says "here is a copy of all my company's documentation, please prioritise this over your training data" then you're doing Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG) and am a Very Smart Computer Scientist probably working at Nvidia and will definitely solve the hallucination problem real soon now*.

* Results may vary. If your hallucinations last more than four quarters, consult a fresh set of venture capitalists.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2024
    Byron C likes this.
  5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Is this the model for Trump AI?

6. Gareth Halfacree

I believe Trump's pre-prompt starts "you are a yuge, very stable genius."

Byron C likes this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

Pete J and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

[​IMG]

And, another from that wonderfully "honest" rag, The Sunday Sport:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Apr 2024
    Pete J likes this.
  9. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Love it.

"Unemployed" (explains why he had time to come up with this creative use for explosive confectionery) Gareth was "too embarrassed" to go to the doctor about his "penile filth" but was happy to reveal all in the Sport.

Probably because he knew what their readership figures were.

10. Mr_Mistoffelees

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Problem is, it's voting for the lesser of two evils rather than someone who's actually good.

ModSquid likes this.
  12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

There have been two Tory administrations in my lifetime, Thatcher and Major, and the current lot. Thatcher destroyed communities up and down the country, leaving them destitute, and instigated an economic culture that puts the acquisition of wealth above all other concerns. The most recent lot have implemented extortionate university fees, taken us out of the EU, presided over a botched pandemic response, spaffed billions on useless medical equipment from companies owned by their chums, implemented some of the most draconian and dystopian restrictions of freedoms, are happy to spend more on deporting migrants to Africa than it would cost to send them to space, and spent a decade and a half deliberately under-funding public services to the point where it takes me 8 freakin’ weeks to get a GP appointment for a medication review that’ll take 5 minutes on the phone.

If literally the only other choice was to vote for an actual literal sack of dog turds I’d still vote for that in preference to the Tories.

For what it’s worth… Labour are f’ed no matter who might be at the party’s helm. They are literally not going to have the money to fix the problems the Tories have created, and frankly I have serious doubts that they will make any real progress before the next general election. At this point they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

This is the problem I have every time. There's a bunch of people who, regardless of whether they win your own local seat, have no chance of gaining power (excluding coalitions but that's out of scope in the "who do I pick?" discussion).
    Which leaves "who am I better off under?" as the only main driver. Because realistically, that's how everyone else is going to vote. Apart from those with their ideological heads stuck firmly in the White Fluffies.

Pete J likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

There’s a solution for that: a voting system based on true proportional representation.

It wouldn’t necessarily change voting intentions in my lifetime, it might take a generation or two to be truly meaningful. But we won’t ever break this cycle of voting for either party allegiance or “the lesser evil” until we implement PR.

15. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Help. Someone stop me from posting politics rants this morning.

Quick, someone post a meme or something.

[​IMG]

Phew, there, that’s better :happy:

Edit: and it’s not a spoiler, so don’t get your knickers in a twist :grin:

Pete J likes this.
  16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Isitari, Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Moron gunna moron, or **** finds a new way to stay in the news.

The whole voter ID thing is being copied from the US Republicans, around fifteen years ago, who worked out that people without passports or driving licences make up a demographic that are extremely unlikely to vote Republican. Therefore, effectively excluding them from the electoral process is a gurt big W.

Last edited: 3 May 2024 at 12:45