1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

We have a cob van that stops by the office everyday just before lunch and they do a pretty good pasty range. Not a huge fan of the traditional Cornish ones, but their chili beef and cheese or the chicken, back, and chorizo ones are awesome.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

A what van? Does it sell rolls or baps, by any chance? :hehe:

3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I did my coal face training with a bunch of lads from Derbyshire. They didn't do baps, rolls, butties or sarnies. Everything was a cob.

IanW and Byron C like this.
  4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Only Stotties and Barms...

IanW and Byron C like this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Morning rolls are the best rolls, and well fired ones at that.

Byron C likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Beat me to it - was going to say it only gets really confusing when they start talking about barm cakes… :grin:

Stotties are different though, I’ll not hear a word against a stottie stuffed with bacon, sausages, and hash browns! :hehe:

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

You all seemed to be such big fans of this brand, so I just want you to know that I bought this in your honour. I’ll be thinking about all of you as I eat it :thumb:

[​IMG]

Pete J, IanW and adidan like this.
  8. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Good luck with that matey, rather you than me!

Byron C likes this.
  9. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Your sacrifice for science is both noted and appreciated.

Byron C likes this.
  10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

We shall be praying for you as you eat it.

Byron C likes this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

If all you want is cheap fuel there are definitely worse options out there! If you heat ‘em up properly the chicken slice things aren’t actually half bad. I mean… it’s not a patch on Greggs’ chicken slice, but frankly what is? :lol:

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Might want to take a covid test as clearly your tastebuds don;t work...

Byron C, Arboreal and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ironically, my sense of taste and smell only just started to come back a couple of days ago :grin:. Whatever awful bug is ripping through my office knocked it out for over a week…

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Remember: if you treat obvious gen-AI output as indicative of a scam, you'll rarely go far wrong.

Police called to Willy Wonka event after refunds demanded: "The event was advertised as a 'journey filled with wondrous creations and enchanting surprises at every turn'. But one visitor told BBC Scotland News that it was little more than 'an abandoned, empty warehouse'."

It's been 404'd now, and the Internet Archive doesn't have a copy, but here's what the booking page looked like:

wonk.jpg

The whole thing was zero-effort gen-AI, and I'm assuming they hoped they'd make enough money from ticket sales that they could actually deliver. And failed. Miserably.

Like I said: if you treat obvious gen-AI output as indicative of a scam, you'll rarely go far wrong. And if you're using gen-AI output, maybe... don't?

EDIT:
    Oh, the image actually comes from the main page and still live... and here's one of its other hero illustrations.

imagnation.jpg

"Imagnation Lab" indeed.

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

If people can look at that booking page and, despite all the errors, still think it's genuine, then maybe they need help...

Pete J likes this.
  16. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

I thoroughly enjoyed reading the home page's meta title - "Willy Choclate Experience". I expected a significantly different experience to the one presented :hehe:

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This is the company. A one-man band, incorporated in November last year. By a guy who's a director of two other no-mark companies, the oldest of which was incorporated in August... also last year. If you scroll down past all the gen-AI stuff, you'll find some actual photographs!

Which are stolen. Every single one.

IanW likes this.
  18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I admire your faith in the human condition. Sounds to make like some guy outside the UK set up a fake company, sold tickets to someone else's abandoned property and ran away. Everyone else involved was a useful idiot providing just enough shreds of plausibility.

Last edited: 27 Feb 2024
  19. Gareth Halfacree

That's the weird part: an effort was made. An actor was hired, some small decorations were placed, bags with about five penny sweets in each were prepared... An empty warehouse would have made sense, but I honestly think this guy just *totally* underestimated how difficult it is to put on an event like that.

Possibly because of how easy it is to make ChatGPT/Midjourney spit out promotional imagery for said events.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Another day, another swing and a miss for generative-AI:

(Source.)

And going back to "if you see gen-AI assets, assume it's a scam," here's a high-volume scam... using gen-AI assets. Shocker.

The hero image:
    upload_2024-2-28_14-20-48.png

The delivery:
    upload_2024-2-28_14-20-33.png

(Source.)

Bonus: a Wired piece on how a small Iowa newspaper's website became an AI-generated clickbait factory. (Wired, of course, being one of the outlets guilty of the affiliate-farming clickbait "top twelfty" product "review" articles we talked about the other day, so... yeah.)

EDIT:
    Ooh, have another: Twitter is becoming a 'ghost town' of bots as AI-generated spam content floods the internet.

Who could have seen this coming?

Oh, right. Everyone. Everyone saw it coming, but there's money to be made so... yeah, like I said t'other day, hope you've got hand-curated bookmarks and an RSS reader, 'cos the web as you knew it is dead. Come back Jerry and David, we need your help!

Last edited: 28 Feb 2024