1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Hopefully, will see what the tyre place says. They're pretty good in that they don't try and upsell to you or try and fob you off.

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Whelp, been using Colpermin non stop and it's improved things. Not as though I'm magically cured or anything, but certainly helps the more...extreme ends of things.

Also, whilst my business may not smell of roses, it does end up smelling like peppermint every now and again :p:.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Arboreal and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

General rant so it's out my system and not bottled up.

Accidentally took my evening meds yesterday morning, which meant fighting through extreme tiredness all yesterday, and a bit of a mood swing this afternoon from 'great' to '**** off'. Also forgot to put a patch on this morning so nerve been nagging me this afternoon.

Been at a work conference all day, and internal one. Been ok for the most part, but my willingness to play along has dwindled throughout the day with my changing mood. One of the last things spoken in a rehearsed leadership team q&a at the end was "someone pointed out in one of the sessions that the initials of our values spells 'T-race' (pronounced as tee-race), which is so apt for our olympic theme for the day"........ :eyebrow:

A) Trace. The word you've just given their is trace (treɪs). Because you copied most of today's message from the last conference?
    B) No one ****ing said that. Don't make **** up. If they actually did, fire them, because they're clearly retarded.
    C) CREATE! an actual real word you could have used because there is a **** ton of things we create. Ffs :wallbash:

All this has probably been triggered by numerous notifications about my 1 year anniversary at kuka. Oh joy! The place with such a horrid working culture that you harber a complete cuntface who made me want to kill myself. Some people who liked it wouldn't know any difference, but a couple actually ****ing work there and one was my brother in law who knew what had happened their. So I got some nice reminders of the worst time of my life today.

Here endeth the rant.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

spent all day yesterday working on the living/cinema room, felt a bit sore last night, this morning I am beyond ****ed, tried to do some painting only for spine and shoulders to have other ideas.

blessed be thy 500/30, don't fail me now.

5. The_Crapman

Take it as a message that you need to rest. No point forcing yourself into doing more and possibly creating more serious damage. Painting can wait.

6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

How many years? :worried:

The_Crapman and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  7. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Yes

Byron C, yuusou and IanW like this.
  8. The_Crapman

According to my bathroom, 5 years after it starts peeling :lol:

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yay welcome to club dumbass :D

Mr_Mistoffelees and The_Crapman like this.
  10. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

6hr in emergency on Saturday with chest pains. Can't find anything, sent home. Next stop GP, then referral to a cardiologist.

This on top of having to go investigate ADHD flagged by our marriage councillor.

AND I have to wait 6 weeks for the result of a sleep study regarding potential sleep apnoea.

Health is fun.

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Our bodies are so badly designed.

Sounds like a barrel of laughs for you mate, hope it all gets sorted as soon as possible.

I know it's easy to say but you need to try and find a distraction while you wait for investigations and results - stress is not something you need.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I’m more than happy to talk about this if you want to. I got diagnosed later in life at age 40, and if you have any suspicion at all it’s definitely worth pursuing.

For a long time I didn’t think I could have ADHD because I didn’t “feel” hyperactive, I mostly just felt numb and depressed. But it wasn’t until I learned more about how it can present, and how it might be expressed after decades of being undiagnosed, that it started to fit. My biggest thing was the sheer amount of self-hatred I’d built up; decades of being told that I just need to make more effort, how far I could go if I just tried harder, how much I could achieve if I just paid more attention. Eventually I started to believe it, and at that point it wasn’t criticism from an outside source, I was telling myself these things.

I can’t turn back the clock on that, and I might never learn to unpick all that self-hatred, but having a diagnosis was a massively helpful first step.

Edit: PS, here’s hoping the chest pains are benign.

13. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I help run a not-for-profit over here in Aus - https://dadlan.au/ - so I have a pretty big distraction there thankfully

Sounds like you had it pretty bad, glad to hear you got a diagnosis. My wife is a mental health nurse and has mentioned it in the past, I thought she was just joking with me because of my forgetfulness or whatever, but no. So yeah, councillor is the second person to tell me.

I've actually found a decent group of the Dads in DadLAN (as mentioned above) have ADHD diagnosed as adults so we have a good forum going, but appreciate the offer.

We also have a bunch of sleep apnoea CPAP users in a forum there!

Byron C likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Up until a couple of years ago I wouldn’t have thought that. It was only when I went back to university about 3 years ago that I started to try and unpack why I failed the first time. Even then ADHD didn’t really “click” with me until I had a very long (and slightly drunk) conversation with a colleague/friend who’d been recently diagnosed.

Definitely worth looking into! I’m not sure what the diagnosis process looks like in Aus, but I’d imagine that some form of this questionnaire would form part of it - it’s basically the ASRS, which was developed by the World Health Organisation to mirror the criteria laid out in the DSM-V: https://adhduk.co.uk/adult-adhd-screening-survey/.

And it sounds like you’ve got a good support network right on your doorstep :thumb:.

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Section A: 4

A score of 4 or more indicates that "the patient has symptoms highly consistent with ADHD in adults and further investigation is warranted". Only a clinician can diagnose ADHD.

What's everyone else scoring on this? :worried:

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

ElThomsono likes this.
  17. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Section A: 3

Many of those things apply similarly to my diagnosed problems.

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Wait who is getting sectioned?

Don't start that or we're all screwed :clap:

IanW likes this.
  19. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

A:2
    B:3

Or A:3, B:2 - can't remember as got distracted by something shiny on the internet.
    Luckily I have a psychiatric nurse living here, although she's got the rats at the moment so that may not be of any use.

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That’s the key point here.

A clinician should be eliminating other explanations/causes before making a diagnosis, and although this questionnaire mirrors the DSM-V diagnostic criteria for ADHD, it should also serve as a starting point for exploring/discussing symptoms. Sometimes it might be pretty damn obvious within 10-20 minutes of talking to someone, but you still need to do the assessment fully. The psychiatrist I had the assessment with had a fairly clear idea after about 15 minutes, but the session was well over an hour in total and she didn’t tell me that little nugget until after she’d done the full assessment & diagnosis.