1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deviate's Project Log

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deviate, 22 Jun 2003.

1. SoulkeepHL

SoulkeepHL What's a Dremel?

Looks great, I love the black on alu, very tasty. I know this is an old topic, but I just started visiting the forums here :) if you still wanted to add a top blow hole, there are two ways that I can see it working and fitting the look of the case. One is your traditional round blowhole, but trim the entire opening in leftover alu. in a pattern matching the rest of the design, so you dont just have a hole cut in the alu. Or alternatively, if you just wanted a vent for the top, you could place the top plexi on standoffs, and have the plexi sit a few mm below the alum, creating an invisible vent.

2. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

It really depends on what type of cut you are trying to make and the material you are cutting. I found that for straight or very gradual curves the disks worked okay. But for the tighter cuts and smaller areas the tungsten carbide cutters were best. They also left a cleaner edge on the cut so I didn't have to file as much...I'm always a big fan of that. :D As far as would any of the tungsten carbide bits work...I had to play with a couple until I found the one I could control best. They come in different shapes. The one I liked was the tapered bit, just because it felt natural to me. But they should all pretty much cut just as well.

SoulkeepHL For now I've decided not to worry about the top blow hole. My temps are staying decent for air cooling right now. Of course if I do start over-clocking more it may be something I have to look back into. I had thought of trimming the edge of the blowhole in aluminum. I still have a large piece left from the side panel design just in case I need it for something like that. :thumb:

3. skyrex

skyrex What's a Dremel?

truly amazing and well thought through project! i love the mirror effect on the windows and the floor.
    i am looking for something similar to what you have done (minus all the dremelling :p) for my new case i am eventually going to build myself. its going to be a wooden all-black case and i want to try and stealth the window by using extremely high gloss paint on the sides so the window blends in... and with the tinting you will only know its there when the lights are on :)

i am impressed, congrats on the stunning success you've had!! :thumb:

4. G.R

G.R What's a Dremel?

Nice Case :jawdrop:

I guess, the time is right for me to show you my PC70 :D Soon I´ll make my own thread ;)

5. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

I see broken images
    I see them all the time
    They don't know they're missing
    And some of them... Are in this thread!

X's please

6. EdHunTer

EdHunTer What's a Dremel?

WoW! :jawdrop: simply WoW!

i reallylike tinted window combined with that lightshow nice work dude :thumb:

7. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the comments guys. Sorry about the images....my server has been having some problems over the weekend. My ISP was doing some kind of maintenance that kept causing my server to get pounded trying to keep the ip current. Hopefully they are done and I'll get the pics back up when I get home from work tonite. :thumb:

8. Asniper

Asniper What's a Dremel?

just a simple idea for that blowhole.

Couldn't you drill a bunch of holes in a square/circle, like the case original top panel was like. You still will get the Dark look and the air flow "not the greatest, but should work"

just a thought

Last edited: 21 Jun 2004
  9. Buzku

Buzku What's a Dremel?

Nice floor in that case.

10. Jewno

Jewno industrial designer

Whoa, the best project I've ever seen in my life! I'm going to rate your project 10 out of 10!! Nice job! :clap:

11. Deviate

Deviate What's a Dremel?

Thanks guys...again sorry for pics being down again! Maybe I need to host them somewhere else.... :sigh:

Asniper: I had thought about trying something like that. I was afraid that it might be tempting fate to try to drill that many holes into acryllic. Especially since all I have is a hand drill. I would be afraid I would crack it. But that is a good idea.

Actually, I have been toying with another idea to try. I'm sure you've seen PSUs at places like Performance-PCs and places that have an 80mm exhaust out the back and an 80mm intake in the front. I'm thinking about doing some more work on my PSU to make the modular plugs a little different and the add an 80mm fan there to pull any hot air from up in the top of the case and exhaust it through the PSU. Maybe...we'll see. :dremel: