1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Skool Silence....Finished, 100% Complete, Pics are up!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ATi Loyalist, 13 Mar 2004.

1. MechWarrior

MechWarrior What's a Dremel?

ROFL! Thats totally ghetto! Bwhahahhahaha!

Oh man thats hillarious! :hehe: :rock:

2. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

Yeah, thats totally ghetto/awesome!

It looks like it would be pretty effective though.
    The plastic makes it look pretty shabby...maybe create a proper casing for it (plexi) and maybe you can find something that looks cooler than ruber bands :D.

P.S. You're welcome :D

3. The_Resetter

The_Resetter I LIKE CAKE!

4. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

lol sweet mate

5. ATi Loyalist

ATi Loyalist Who throws a shoe?!

Front panel bondo finished: March 24, 2004.

Finally, a few highs, and a headache later, the bondo is done, now to paint it, does anyone have some sugestions/tips on painting plastic/bondo? i used spot/glazing putty if it matters.

also, the vents, are for the PSU, which will be mounted in front of them, and were glued into place with plastic epoxy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

stay tuned, coming soon: fan controller, CD drive, and metal with socket head cap screws!
    [​IMG]

6. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

looking good ati :)

7. ATi Loyalist

thanks gnemelf

April 06, 2004.

This past weekend i have been working little by little on this project, and have finally made some pregress that actully looks good, not just progress that is crucial, but rather ugly(the HD container, heh...)

Anyways, i made a plexi faceplate, for my spiffy new sunbeam rheobus that came in the mail last week. and i went orac3 style with some socket head cap screws i picked up at Ace hardware. the PSU, is now fully mounted, and complete. except the fan, which will be painted white. i think i might swap the fan for a higher powered one though, since the stock 120 moves hardly any air, and with the fan blowing up, instead of down, i am a little concerned about the heat. especilly when i have no more warranty on a brand new $90 PSU.... :shock:

on to the pics:

original rheo, note the cheesy graphics....
    [​IMG]

Faceplate:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

mounted in the front bezel:
    [​IMG]

random image, looking down
    [​IMG]

PSU mounted and peachy:
    [​IMG]

white fan...so innocent, yet so evil...
    [​IMG]

so i leave you, hopefully another cosmetic update this weekend. front panel possibly. modding is a hobby, no deadlines, ill get to it when i feel like it.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2004
  8. vaiomutatorman

vaiomutatorman What's a Dremel?

ATI!!!!

Hah, genius work man, thats looking to be some sick sick stuf. I cant wait to see more. Im still wondering how youre gonna manage de-ghetto-fying the HDD cage. Something like metal rods holding rubber bands would be cool, you could make a custom cage out of acrylic, mount a 120 at either end, and find some snazzy red or purple rubber bands. That would be l33tsauce, and you have sexy eyes. :hip:

9. BlueMax

BlueMax What's a Dremel?

this is probably the best ghetto mod I have ever seen :rock: keep it up!

10. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

I have this creeping suspicion that that HDD enclosure is familiar... please tell me where you got the plastic...

SECONDLY:

About your airflow diagram...
    How does the air go THROUGH the video card?

11. ATi Loyalist

thanks vaio.

the airflow goes around the edge of the video card, its hard to make things 3d ish, with a picture. :sigh:

the HD cage will not be visible. im not even going to have a window, although some sort of small viewing area on the top is tempting, the zalman heatsink is far too sexy to keep hidden from view.

any opinions on a window?

12. MrTroy

MrTroy What's a Dremel?

That HD enclosure looks like it could be from a paintball container?

I worked at a paintball factory and those containers are sadly familiar looking...

It really could be anything though

13. ATi Loyalist

nope, it was a peppermint container from a local bulk warehouse. :D

14. ATi Loyalist

Update 4-27, Purple LEDs, accent piece, and backpanel progress.

Ok, so the purple LEDs came in today, thanks to the hong kong guy. i have been working on the accent piece whenever i can since my last update, and its still not done. but here are some progress pics, the back panel, and all internal parts are completely finished, the chassis is completely white, with clearcoat, front bay devices are painted white, completed, purple LEDs have been installed in the fan controller, and they are a true, deep purple. its amazing, cameras cannot capture light below ~450nm though, these LEDs are 405nm, so they look a different color than they really are. the backpanel, was sanded bondoed, and sanded again, primed, painted, painted again, and clearcoated 2 times. it looks very nice IMO and i am happy with the results. i know the i/o sheild is missing, i just havent put it back on yet, but it will be black, as will the PCI slots and other things. the fan filter is for the PSU, which now blows down, and i still have to squeeze some mesh in there somehow, i have a little less space that i originally accounted for, so i might have some trouble there, the mobo side, will have a circle cut out, and a smaller circle mounted inside, on standoffs, directly to the chassis, it will be in the shape of the cross out circle thing, with a speaker logo etched on some plexi, and of course will glow purple, and have an accent piece similar to that of the PSU one. thank you to anyone who actually reads everything i type, i do type it all for a reason. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the PSU cord will have an acutal jack, and a switch mounted on the back, even though the PSU is in the front, imagine the comments at lans :lol: .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for reading, and hopefully i will update a bit more often from now on.

15. Tech-Daddy

Tech-Daddy What's a Dremel?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Way to be, ATi!!!!

This is sweet!
    "Time Filler"... hehehehehe
    whatever, I like your time filler!
    ;)

16. Xgamer

Xgamer What's a Dremel?

Lookin' good! Now post some pics of the finished product. :rock:

17. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Nice use of purple (I like purple.. my case is purple) :thumb:

18. Kolmik

Kolmik What's a Dremel?

Primo mod. :clap: More more more :D

19. ATi Loyalist

Hey Guys, i havent had much time to work on this case lately, but today was my last day at school, so i will have a ton of time in the next month, leading up to PDXLAN, to work on this, as of right now, i am finishing up the accent piece on the top of the PSU, and i have a second hole cut for a 120mm blowhole, the fan is done, Purple LED fan, clear bladed enermax, with 4 purple LEDs added, frame will be white, much like the other 'small' type parts...so yeah, thats where im at right now, and here is a teaser of the LED fan, and the accent piece, still in progress, not final pics.. keep in mind.

thanks for your comments:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

20. SMOVE

SMOVE What's a Dremel?

Your mod looks really sweet :D