1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide Post your wanted guides here-

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ZapWizard, 6 Oct 2003.

1. seforin

seforin What's a Dremel?

~REALLY WANTED GUIDE!~

It would be nice if someone did a guide more on cpu wiring, i know theres a flow chart on recommended sizes, but i mean (of course first off a U.s one)

Is to do one consisting of all different types of options for wiring

Like cable ties

Sodering

Cable tubbing

Cable braiding etc

Im personally trying to clean up my wiring in my case REALLY REALLY bad, but since i have a mid size thermaltake case (skull series woo)

My power supply being extra long extra cabled antec power supply (430watt)

Im wondering the best way to shorten its wires but still keep wires free for later use /add ons to my pc, but still give it that clean proffesional look (or futurist look for my upcoming mod)

So please a more precise guide or even pictures of peoples layouts who have original done this would be nice, if you have images or what not please pm me and ill create a new page devoted to all those image layouts of wiring.

2. blaffer4x4

blaffer4x4 What's a Dremel?

Flickering LED candle mod

Hi,
    I just modded my PSU (tha window kit including 2 blue LED's).
    After a great show (my father's PSU buring out :clap: ) and an electric candle standing on my desk, I got the idea to make the leds in my PSU red and flickering (how do you write that? I'm Belgian). Any ideas for electric circuits? Thx

3. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

"Top 10 Mods for a Silencing Your PC"

*sigh* oh I wish I wish upon a star...

4. Aliensniper

Aliensniper What's a Dremel?

The guy a few pages back asked this questio, but didn't get a suffient response.

I want to mod a 15" or 17" LCD monitor into the side of the case (instead of the typical window).

Does anyone have any recommendations for a monitor and how to do this?

5. Speak Easy

Speak Easy What's a Dremel?

Hey whats up! :rock:

JUst waned to know if anyone could tell me how to build a security circuit that sounds an alarm if the case is forcably opened. The security system is disarmed if you use a keylock.

Thanks for anyhelp given.

6. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Zap did this for his AMD rig, PM him and ask for some plans.

7. Nexus

Nexus What's a Dremel?

guide to cable hiding

hi
    i just want to know what the best trick to hide cables in my computer is!!!
    cya :D

8. yonchi

yonchi What's a Dremel?

a how to control leds to make a lightning effects

9. Alvin

Alvin Guest

See this guide http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=580927&postcount=14, where Acrimonious connects a power transistor to the motherboard, so you can control up to as many as 10 or even 40 (with heat sink on the transistor) 120mm Fans from a single signal on your motherboard.

With this mod you can only read the rpm from one fan, and all the fans connected to the one Fan controller socket on your motherboard will be adjusted to the same speeds simultaneously.

Alvin :dremel:

10. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Use one or more of the following suggestions: Round the cables, use cable wrap or cable sleves, try to fold the cables so they follow one another or logic paths in the cabinet. Use cable ties. Make the cable paths to go behind boards etc. so they are not visible.

Organised cables are less "visible" than birds nests of cables.

11. Alvin

Alvin Guest

Look for Do-It-Yourself electronics projects, or use a Microcontroller.

There are also different Bay-bus units available that will blink the LEDs with sound/music variations.

How many LEDs do you want to control?
    What kind of light effects do you want to make?

Do you just want to be able to switch the light on/off using a switch at the front of the cabinet?

If you have a specific idea, then write me an email or create a seperate thread, and we'll see what can be done.

12. nick01

nick01 What's a Dremel?

I would like a guide on ATX/BTX mechanical dimensions. The Intel specs only tell the MB side, where is the rest? What about I/O? What about drive bays (no, 1.75" is NOT a half height drive bay, its 1.7", 0.05" are reserved for cover panels in a full height 3.5" bay). What are the max and min height/width of a hard disk drive or a CD ROM? etc. etc.

13. valium

valium What's a Dremel?

Bondo Guide?

Is there a bondo guide anywhere on Bit-Tech? I used the search function and came up empty. Any help is appreciated greatly :rock:

14. Tasque

Tasque What's a Dremel?

Is there a guide for painting the interior of a case?

15. Lineage

Lineage What's a Dremel?

bondo and fiber glass guide would be nice

16. RynoRFC

RynoRFC What's a Dremel?

Regarding slightly bigger motors...

I would like to incorporate a spinning ring of metal into a case design. Imagine a 14 inch coin spinning on edge; something like that. I want it to spin fast enough that an led on the edge of the ring would look like a streak of light. I realize that this will take a fairly powerful motor, but I haven't seen any articles about using a motor that size. I was thinking maybe I could use an electric drill motor or something, but I have no idea how to go about powering or controlling something like that. :confused: Any ideas, suggestions or links to applicable articles would be much appreciated.

I do realize the safety hazard involved with having that much metal spinning that fast, so the whole thing will be shrouded to protect the fingers.

Also, I was planning to power the motor seperately from the computer, either by seperate power source or a second psu if applicable.

Thanks!

Edit: Should I post this question on a different forum?

Last edited: 10 Dec 2004
  17. thuongkiet82

thuongkiet82 What's a Dremel?

Use mobile screen to case

Hi! I have a Mitsubishi Trium Mars handphone, and it don't use now. So I want to mod it lcd screen to my new mod case. Can i do and how i do that??? Thank alot.

18. idolcrash

idolcrash What's a Dremel?

I'd like to see a tutorial on tinting acrylic plastic, especially with tint film. I'm working on a mod (linked in sig, will do profile here when I get broadband and find my camera) to mock a riced-out Honda Civic, so the windows would be absolutely necessary. Thanks!

19. Etacovda

Etacovda What's a Dremel?

Excellent, thats pretty much what i was wanting to do. Cheers!

20. Irvine

Irvine What's a Dremel?

"Guide to Dremelling for the Newbie"

Tags: