1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Body Modin' Part 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Da_BaCoN, 12 Mar 2003.

1. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

yay peircings can be fun ive had my lip done came out in the pit at a concert thou, it was damn bloody too hehe so now all im left with is my grovy ears so enjoy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

good ol 1/2 inch hole wont hert ya ;) oh and no it does not effect hearing :thumb:

2. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

like this? :duh:

3. Feline

Feline What's a Dremel?

I know, but I didn't find that out until later. My lip was done by an apprentice (who happened to be one of my friends at the time) and he failed to tell me that. It was the first proper piercing I'd ever had, and I don't know that it ever healed right. Anyways, that was almost ten years ago. But I do still have a small scar on my lip (looks like a tiny hole, but you can feel a bigger ball of scar tissue within my lip.)

BTW Fly, nice ink!

4. penski

penski BodMod

I see your 1/2 inch lobes and raise you 14mm (9/16) lobes, a 3.2mm (8ga) septum, a 4mm (6ga) lip, a 1.2mm (16ga) upper labial frenulum, a 6mm (3ga) tongue, a 5mm (4ga) Pa, two 6mm (3ga) teflon beads and a partridge in a pear tree ;)

[​IMG]

*n

5. invader crack

invader crack What's a Dremel?

**** did i just get owned :p im ust commend u on the 4ga Pa not everyone has the balls to streatch that :hehe:

6. penski

penski BodMod

Nah - it pretty much stretches itself.

Its the septum stretches that kill :/

*n

7. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

coolness :cooldude:

8. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Ill see that, and raise you a

[​IMG]

- M@

Hmm, how much did your tattoo cost fly? looks pretty nice!

ps....which mod changed my profile to say Sex: Males....as Ive only just noticed.. :|

9. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Just watched a story on This Morning today (23-Feb-2005) that points out how dangerous some body piercings are, especially nose, lip and privates (otherwise known as the mucus membrane areas).
    The story covered is of a student who suffered a stroke which damaged her brain, she lost speach and could barely move.

Be warned.

10. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

11. penski

penski BodMod

Kindly learn about a subject before repeating the ill-informed views of others.

Thanks.

*n

12. Henchman:crg

Excuse me, my other half is trained in the body piercing, and a trained beauty therapist, and agrees that it can be dangerous to have piercings in these areas.

Why do you think there is no risk?

EDIT:
    Don't worry, just mensioning the story on ITV This Morning show.
    Not really bothered if poeple don't care about the risks.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2005
  13. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Thanks, cost me £60, cant wait for my next.

14. penski

penski BodMod

Really? Who are they? Where did they train? Where do they work? There is a chance I know them.
    I didn't say that - there is a risk associated with everything...brushing your teeth, walking down the street. Everything.

My point was that the segment on TM was incredibly biased (I have seent he same woman basically say 'Don't get pierced. Ever' elsewhere) and was not a fair examination of the situation.

What they failed to mention is that in an individual with Mitral Valve Prolapse or a similar pre-existing heart condition, anything as small as biting the inside of your cheek or getting a paper cut could lead to the exact same thing. Hell, they didn't even determine that the piercing was at the core of the problem. It could have been that she bit the inside of her cheek.

If she is not taking care of her piercing after six years to the extent where there is a large enough bacterial build up to cause an infection to travel inwards and effect her heart then a certain portion of the blame must lie with her.

After six years, it is not a wound. The fact that she has a piercing should not be taken into consideration. The inside of the fistula which the jewelery resides in is, for all intents and purposes identical to the tissue everywhere else inside the mouth.

As I said above, I did not mention risks, do not try and make yourself out to be a kind of quasi-saviour. In your original post you said:

In particular,

You are doing little more than scaremongering. If you knew anything about the subject at hand then you would know that this is only the third reported case of mitral valve prolapse in conjunction with an infection related to a piercing leading to problems. In the other two cases, both related to tongue piercings (of which there are literally millions in the west), the individual died because of three things: they did not care for their new piercing, they got an infection from that lack of care and the third, and most important one; their doctor removed the jewelery, removing the path that the infection had to drain, trapping the infection inside the body and inadvertantly leading to their death.

*n

15. Henchman:crg

Yes, you have a good point there, we will never know the history of the individual.

I supose all in all they didn't really cover the issue in great detail, just covered a specific case (in a general manor).

Celavie

16. -:: M@ ::-

-:: M@ ::- Testify!

Yet another storm brought up by the mis-informing media, just like the recent food scare :rolleyes:

Read this story in the Metro about 'A womens dice with death over her lip piercing' and as Penski said, there are only 3 known cases of this resulting with death...just to show you how little and insignificant that number is, heres some random statistics I managed to google.

http://uk.wrs.yahoo.com/S=211471700...ttp://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3603712

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_557796.html

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_701154.html

There thats 3 stories when a farmyard animal (Donkey, chicken and a Pig) Have either killed someone or been the reason someones died...does this make farm animals a dangerous threat??? As apparently there as dangerous and kill as many people as piercings and that managed to get on the frontpage of the Metro News... :eyebrow:

Don't believe all the stories the media tells you children :)

- M@

17. penski

penski BodMod

So who is your other half? Please don't lead me to the conclusion that you made that bit up ;)

PM me if you wish not to say the name on here.

*n

18. Henchman:crg

No I didn't, but she is not interested in this or any other discussions on these forums, and it's her choice if she wants to be known.

Anyway, how many beauty therapists who did training in piercings do you think there are. Gotta be lots, so what difference does it make, you aint gonna know her.

EDIT: Ohh yes, I didn't make this up. Your just gonna have to take my word for it.

19. penski

penski BodMod

You live in Avon, it is a small country and the piercer community is rather tight-knit.

To me, you're either talking crap or the 'beauty therapist' who is 'trained in the body piercing' (sic) is a saturday girl in Claire's Accessories who uses an unsteralised piercing gun to shove blunt bolts through the ears of underage children.

Simple to resolve - who did she apprentice with?

*n

20. MrDT

MrDT fapfap

omfg, if she does work in clare's henchman just got served :lol:

oh and:
    why are you playing the pronoun game nicky? What are you insinuating? :hehe: