1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official New Design Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by :: kna ::, 2 May 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginx

ginx What's a Dremel?

the colors are quite unique, but i like the overall design and i like how its better organized , overall its great and definately a needed makeover.

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

Hold tight, we'll change the design for you...

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

yay forums are back up yay and some new features i hope... like the new site a bite more colourfull that that last :D

well done..

4. omicron

omicron Baud.

I don't like the new scheme at all..too bright, and the colour scheme just looks wrong. Nothing seems to quite 'fit' right anymore..I suppose because there are a million and one different colours. Navigating the main site is horrendously difficult, too - everything is confusing and disorientated/ing. *shrug.*

5. Soulfly22583

Soulfly22583 What's a Dremel?

good points... it reminds me alot of the pimprig.com page... lots of info just a real nightmare to navigate... thats what i think of now when i look at bit :sigh:

6. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

:laugh:
    I definately like the new website, but like a lot of people, find the new forums a bit of a downgrade (no offence intended). Hopefully it'll develop a bit in the coming weeks though...

<A88>

7. Rekarp

Rekarp What's a Dremel?

i like the look of the "bits" page over the home page right now :worried:

8. mobius9

mobius9 Minimodder

just my opinion anyways

[​IMG]

9. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

wow, thats nice off you bigz.

10. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

why don't you use a :::GASP::: transparent background?

11. Tolsk

Tolsk What's a Dremel?

well, im not to sure i like the new design. im not a fan of white backgrounds (and brighter colors) the search tool is nice. not sure what the rss feed is though. but i think it would look a little better if the side ads were on the bottom.

(hides from mad people)

12. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

i gotta admit, i dont like it much :S

- the new width isnt to my liking (i.e. the banner ads at the side, ive always hated intrusive side ads!)
    - the bits and about boxes dont quite fit in line with the ads bit - not the kinda thing i usually notice, but this i did!
    - its all very "bright".
    - welcome bit-tech, "im like every other modders/hardware site on the net". At least thats how i see it.

However I do like...

- Having the option for searching (though the search bar is placed oddly)
    - The integration of the forums into the main site
    - the changing images on the bit-tech logo bit

But generally not to my taste, especially the side ads!

edit: btw, if i used 1024x768 the forum boxes would be pretty damn small wouldnt they ? (currently using 1280x1024 at 32bit color and firefox (latest))

13. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

tbh, i like how the forums now seem integrated into the site. there for the longest time i didn't even visit the site anymore as it meant typing in a new url (yes, i can be THAT lazy). but now all i have to do is click a button. the bright colours are great. it makes it stand out ALOT more then what it used to. light coloured backgrounds just seem so much more professional then a dark coloured one.

14. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

yeah colors are bad looking, site feels very disorganized compared to the old one.

15. niptacular

niptacular What's a Dremel?

i like it! great job guys! except for the colors, i think they are kinda wierd but meh its nice.

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

that's the idea :)

17. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"

I like it tbh, (oh and bogomip its fine at 1024x768). However there's are two things I aint keen on.

Firstly, I love how each section matches to the colour theme of it's corresponding link tab...but i dont like the colours as much. I think they'd look better in all different shades of blue, because for example that browny red combined with the purply bits is fooking dire! IMO they totally go against the well known blueyness of bit-tech.

Secondly, the news page IS confusing. I'm not sure what to suggest really, but it's like an information overload with a paragraph each with titles that you have to hover the mous over to check there is more of an article. If I were to do it I think I'd organise them into more obvious categories with perhaps a smaller bold title link and then a slight bit of teaser text about the content of article with a dot dot dot to make people read on?

But hey, it's not my site :p lol

18. uwannabigmak

uwannabigmak What's a Dremel?

i tried a transparent background but it just showed up white.

19. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

man....i missed the forums soooo damn much...its like i need my daily fix now.....but i aint tooo sure about the advertising on the side....they make the forums small.....would prefer the adverts at the top.

20. Tim S

Tim S OG

I don't understand how it looks disorganised? :confused:

I know it 'looks' like there is a lot on the front page... but no-one used to view the front page with the previous design, and it also appeared that the site was not being updated regularly because news was literally a single link near the top, as were articles to a similar extent. Sure, there was an up date underneath the links at the top, but it update wasn't in most people's initial window, whereas now the latest news and articles are right at the top of the content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.