1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News $1 Million for Half-Life 2 Mac

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Oct 2007.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

orange box on the PC all the way it aint the same playing an FPS on the 360

2. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

A Mac computer will always beat a pc period

End of story

3. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Not in gaming

End of story

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I don't like the sound cards for Macs, and didn't find any replacement sound cards that I can easily get. So I sold my mac 2 years ago.
    And I found that I just can't use a MAC fast as a PC (but that's just me), nor have good mouses like the MX1000 or MX revolution and fully enjoy all their features which makes using a computer better.

5. Max Spain

Max Spain What's a Dremel?

Am I the only one wondering how much they'd charge to port it over to linux ;-)

6. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

the irony of it all

7. Hanz

Hanz What's a Dremel?

I'll play it on a PC. If I owned a 360 or PS3 I might consider waiting to get the game for the console. I'm not familiar enough with Mac's to comment on them.

Hanz

8. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

PC for me, I'm too old school to use a console for FPS games - although I did weaken with the original Halo and bought an X-Box - but only because they said it would never be released for the PC and like a fool I believed them. I simply prefer the keyboard and mouse combo as opposed to a console controller.

I'd always thought of a Mac as something that you used if you wanted to do proper computer work and you used a PC for anything else. Besides, I recently had a look in my local Apple store and was completely horrified at how much they were charging for a Mac copy of CoD2 - I think it was about £45 to £50. At least PC games drop in price after a short while and eventually get released on budget, it doesn't seem that the same holds for Mac games.

9. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

So, what have we learned here? PCs are better for everything. No, wait - PCs are good for gaming, Macs are good for everything else. Wait, actually - Macs are good for everything, because they're cool. Hmm. Maybe it's that PCs are good for gaming and all-around computing, but Macs are better at graphics. Oh, that's right - Consoles are for gaming, computers are for e-mail. Err, hold on, I got it - Linux is the answer.

:sigh:

No? I give up. If anyone needs me, I'll be outside working in the garden.

-monkey

10. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

haha mac

Tags: Add Tags