1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Logitech G11

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 3 Jun 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

there is no better pair of keyboards, period.

for those of you who will argue that, put your money where your mouth is and get one first.

3. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

It's a nice KB, yes.

I dont know about there where you guys are in the UK, but here in South Africa, the price difference between the G11 and G15 is so small it would be suicide to buy the G11.

4. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

G15 Cheesecake! i love my G15 its the best keyboard I've ever owned, but i will concede the point about dust..its gets very dusty and black rubberised plastic that the main surround is made of seems to make dust just stick to it but to be honest its a minor issue.

if i was strapped for cash I'd get the G11 but to be honest i always recommend saving up that little extra and getting the G15!

i picked my G15 up for about £40 inc VAT from ebuyer ages ago....it was just before they were out of stock for months

EDIT: my G15 was £35.47 ex VAT

Last edited: 3 Jun 2007
  5. CardJoe

The G15 is worth the bit extra if you can afford it and think you'll use it, fo' sho'.

6. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

Now make one w/ notebook style keys or at least the quieter Microsoft Comfort Curve Variety. I truly find myself typing faster and more accurately w/ the scissors style.

I do love the volume knob tho. If you're using Setpoint w/ perhaps uberoptions, can you have the vol show on screen like this? (I have to use my mouse, mx518's dpi buttons)

[​IMG]

7. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

The main problem I find with those keyboards is the vast amount of desk space they take up. Far too wide for my liking. (I also prefer curved/"natural" keyboards anyway)

8. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Sorry but thats not true. The buttons are only unlit(is that a word?) as long there is only one M button filled with macros. Start up the Keyboard profiler and they will lit up.

Otherwise nice review. I love my G11 to death! It costs 60€ over here and the G15 is even 85€ :wallbash:

9. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

man had the price difference between the two keyboards were greater, i probably would have gotten the g11 [in other words if the g11 was slightly cheaper ^^]. having said that, i find myself thinking its too late to get a g11 or g15 as i'm sure logitech is up to a new gaming keyboard :D:D:D, making me wait.

how long as the g15 been out in the market anyways?

10. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

Nice keyboard but it is still too big for my desk .... it's massive. I'll stick with my saitek.

11. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

that board looks soo big and ugly a little style would go a long way with this keyboard.imo

12. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think the keyboard looks awesome myself, it's a keyboard, it doesn't need to be overly styled like the Di Nivo or whatever it's called, after all, I'm looking at my screen, not my keyboard.

I might pick one of these up, my eclipse hasn't been quite the same since I poured half a carton of orange juice in it (at least, thats the excuse I'd tell my gf :p).

I'd love to get the G15 but I don't think I can justify the extra £15 over the G11, might try and shop around to see if I can find it cheaper than the £50 Scan are asking for it.

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if only it was a little cheaper for us europeans and it was a little smaller....

edit: such a high score and no prize?

14. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

I have to admit the G11 / G15 are great boards, but they are simply too big. I don't see myself using the macro keys (but I only play a game every now and then). The LCD is useless in my case, because it will probably not fit on my desk. The backlighting is still a very nice feature because I work a lot at night.
    So I got myself the next best thing, or actually better imho: the Saitek Eclipse II. Pretty much the same quality but the board is smaller and the price is about the same as the G11.

15. CardJoe

Saitek Eclipse II is a decent board true, and for your situation it seems the perfect choice, but for a hardcore and regular gamer the G15 is streets ahead. Macro keys are perfect for games like oblivion (Heal, Heal, Fireball on G1, etc) and for repetitive image re-sizing on Photoshop. The LCD screen is a bit gimmicky, but I just love it.

16. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

I don't play MMORPGs (in fact I hate them), and Photoshop has shortcuts (such as Ctrl-Shift-T for Transform Again) which I use sometimes but not too often to need macro keys.
    Like you said, the Saitek is perfect for my situation.

17. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I think I got my G11 for around £34 (inc VAT and p&p) a few months ago. I'd heard that the LCD was little more than a gimmick and at the time the G15 was £20 more expensive so I went for the G11.

The only downside I have noticed so far (apart from dust!) is that, at first, I forgot about the G keys and thus was pressing G16 when I wanted CTRL..etc... but you quickly get used to it.

18. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Microsoft Natural is a better keyboard, because it's slightly smaller and much more comfortable to type on. The IBM Model M is also a better keyboard, for its much smaller stature, greater durability, and fantastic typing feel.

I've already put my money where my mouth is, because I own one Model M and two MS Natural boards.

Your post gave me the impression that you think I should buy a G15 in order to provide firsthand evidence that it is or is not the better keyboard, but if you think about it that's not really me putting money where my mouth is. That's me putting money where your mouth is, which is foolish. If you honestly think it's a better keyboard that what I've got now, put your money where your mouth is and buy me one.

19. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I had to rebuild my keyboard tray to accommodate my new G11, it was 4 inches too wide! I love it to bits though, whenever I type on any other keyboard I just can't stop making typing errors due to the low quality keys.

20. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Microsoft ergonomic 4000? Not a gaming keyboard but for typing nothing beats it.

<A88>

Tags: Add Tags