1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Desktop Eee sighted

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That fan looks just like the things in the MBP. Even down to the mounting holes.

If it is - They can get noisy, but 3k rpm keeps the MBP at a reletively acceptable (Read: Not burning your lap off) temperature for very little noise..

3. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i can see one of these in my mothers future coupled with a 20in wide tft

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i wonder if it would be difficult do add an usb optical drive to it.....

5. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

cant think of any reason why it wouldnt (i bet they will ensure that works and that its easy to boot from usb as well)

6. Xir

Xir Modder

...is it just me?

2 x USB on the back...as you need a keyboard and a mouse...they're full.

So every additional USB device (such as :duh: a DVD-Drive) means you keep the front flap opened all the time. :(
    ...Or is there a wireless keyboard and mouse with it? (That would make kindof sense) :confused:

And why the removable harddisk, who in their targetaudience: non computersavy people, has ever taken out a drive?

7. flabber

flabber What's a Dremel?

Xir, there are plenty of keyboards which have USB-ports in them, and you could also opt for a bluetooth-dongle, and go for a wireless keyboard and mouse. :)

I tihnk that for medialovers and linuxlovers (both audiences are a wee bit more into expanding their own system), an expendable HD might be a handy feature :)

8. coolius

coolius What's a Dremel?

Anyone that uses one of these probably won't have that many usb peripherals anyway.

9. chicorasia

chicorasia What's a Dremel?

It looks A LOT like a mac mini logic board.

Interestingly enough, first gen mac minis only had 2 USB ports (which was quite annoying), later revisions featured 4 ports. But I digress...

The usefulness of these low power, low profile desktop systems goes far beyond media center PCs - they can be used for everything from thin client workstations to cashier / register / bar code scanners to self standing electronic displays. Well, I bet you can even fit it into your car's dashboard (not unlike what has been done with mac minis....)

Tags: Add Tags