1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0 | Page 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackel, 16 Sep 2002.

1. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

note to self....if ever playing cards with spike, be very suspicious of those cards with minutely varying patterns on the back....

2. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

T'sounds like a challenge... all the peeps who claim they can't see them are just jealous..

I'm sure I can rely on GOO to paste a link to a decent Magig-I website cos I can't be bothered.

3. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Well, being one of the chosen few who can actually see these things.. you may be interested in an experiment.

Imagine a magic eye picture of a cat was posed with the title 'House'. I guarentee you I could tell you it was supposed to be a cat, without any prior knowledge.. which would mean that they must work or else I'd either make a damn lucky guess, or say it's a cat.

In fact if anyone has one of those things that generates them, I'd be willing to take that kind of test (fairly) to prove that it's obviously people of higher intelligence who can see them. ;) ;)

4. :: Phat ::

Could you do that and have a kind of poll or something where you can type what you see but that message doens't become visible to everyone else for about a week, then you can count the correct ones and see who needs to visit specsavers?

5. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Well, a poll shouldn't show who voted for what.. so that'd work.

6. :: Phat ::

Yeah can you "Disable" the view results button? Otherwise people will just click on that and see whats been voted on the most :( But you'd also have to lock the thread to stop people posting... "ITS A.....!!":nono:

7. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

conspiracy... and kna is in on it... and I was starting to trust him too... it's just Hex, Issac and myself now... everyone down into the bunker.. :worried:

why is it so important to prove this KNA?... what do you stand to lose? Will your experiment be exposed... ARE YOU THE KINGPIN?!

maybe the picture you produce should be one of a military helicopter.... :idea: (I usually wear a ski mask when I hijack a thread... sorry)

Last edited: 17 Sep 2002
  8. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

I'm in the group on the other side of the room who Can't see the 'Magic Eye' pictures.

Back to the thread topic, I don't believe Apache pilots have to look in two directions. What they have to do, is process different data for each eye. One eye processes info displayed on a 'monocle' and the other eye sees normally. Peripheral vision is probably used which some may confuse with seeing in different directions.

On the off chance someone from the US is interested, here's what I discovered talking with a pilot (when I was interested in flying). Once you become an Apache pilot, you can't switch. If you fly something else, say a Chinook, you can later on decide to fly the Apache. Depending on your point of view, that could be good or bad. The advantage to the Apache is obvious... you can shoot back. Also, IIRC, only the 'top' graduates in their class can choose what to fly. The rest of the class is assigned based on need. There are also minimum and maximum height requirements (you have to fit in the cockpit). Non-corrected 20-20 vision is also required (or better of course). After you are a pilot, your vision can be less, as long as it is correctible. Non-married individuals are preferred. There is also an 'ideal' age range, but I forget what it was (probably something like 18-25).

9. :: Phat ::

Basically if you want to be an apache pilot there is one record you need in your collection......

Kama Kama Kama Kama Chameleon!! You come and go!! You come and gooooo'oooh oooh ooooh

P.S. Bit-Tech - It has occured to me that seems as I do so much "Forum Singing" that we need a little "Semi quaver" note smiley or something....

10. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

isn't it kharma kharma kharma kharma kharma chameleon?

11. kanuslupus

kanuslupus Minimodder

Your spelling may be more correct, but in the song, I don't think the R is heard... not clearly at least.