1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware MSI 770-C45 Motherboard Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 Sep 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Hmmm.

I spent the same amount of money (well OK...£57) on a Gigabyte AM2+ M720-US3 for my budget rig which is 140w rated for the 965 , has a nicely OC'ed Northbridge to 2400, , DDR2 running @ 1100, ACC which unlocked the 2 cores on my 550, which is now running at 3.7Ghz @ 1.45vlts in Quad core mode and is as solid and stable as you could wish for.

The ONLY supposed advantage i can see to this board is DDR3 support, which in real life scenarios, isnt much of an advantage at all....certainly not in games to any noticble degree.

Seems to me the US3 is more of a safe bet than this.

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

For me this is what overclocking is REALLY about! Not purchasing the most expensive gear you can get your hands on, but making sound choices when it comes to components regarding cost and overclocking potential! Aint to school like old school!

4. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

This combined with the cheap and chearful athlon X4 620 or 630 surely makes for a fantastic value combo. Be very difficult to beat it in terms of price/performance.

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Should that not be 'appendages'?

6. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

+1
    and a Radeon HD 5850

7. Scootiep

Scootiep Minimodder

Quoting from your P55 GD65 review "While MSI is not alone in including the PS2 mouse option, again we wonder why. Surely no one uses this now, where as least PS2 keyboard is good for BIOS compatibility." Did you guys change your mind on this one? From that review, it seemed like you were completely baffled and annoyed that they included a PS2 mouse but here you don't even give it a second glance. Don't go getting soft on these manufacturers now. IMO, they should have and could have easily included a 6 pin 1394 and an S/PDIF for compatibility. Since I use both of those techs frequently, that is what is preventing me from purchasing this otherwise very nice board.

8. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Thats why I like my ASUS M4A785TD-M Evo. One PS2 which will never get used, two USB in the place of the second PS2. S/PDIF and firewire on the backplane.

and WTF, serial port? Do home users need these?

9. Ross1

Ross1 What's a Dremel?

the only thing ive used the serial port for in the last couple of years is for flashing liteon 360's.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

For £50, I couldn't care less. It's easily ignored.

For £130, I expect the right features on the latest board and product design.

Firewire costs money - the board doesn't have it. I've no idea why there's a serial port though, I imagine the board is made as general as possible for all applications: emerging markets and scientific applications may require it.

11. EvilRusk

EvilRusk What's a Dremel?

Well thank goodness for that. With all these ridiculously expensive boards I am glad to see something much more affordable popping up. So it doesn't look like Optimus Prime - so what! The £150 saved could go on transformers to decorate your case with...

12. Mante

Mante What's a Dremel?

At this Price Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P Cheesecake!!!!

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

CustomPC tested it in a recent roundup. It wasn't as good.

14. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

Nice review, looks like MSI have some quality AM3 boards out atm.

Tags: Add Tags