1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rumour: AMD Radeon HD 7000 series to hit early December

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by arcticstoat, 18 Oct 2011.

1. arcticstoat

arcticstoat Minimodder

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it'll most likely be laptop parts using process designed for smaller chips, like the process used for 28nm FPGA's.

both company will probably come out with high end chips at around similar time next year. March is my guess.

3. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Another paper launch then.

4. l3v1ck

l3v1ck Fueling the world, one oil well at a time.

It needs to be right at the start of December if they want to get Christmas sales. By two weeks in many people will already have bought everything they want to give. Of course if "supplies are limited" it won't make much difference as there will alawys be a few who buy the latest and greatest as soon as it is available.

I'm just hoping for much more tesselation from this card.

5. lp1988

lp1988 Minimodder

won't be home untill january anyway so I just hope there will be something out by that time, would like to upgrade for BF3 and Skyrim

6. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

99% sure it won't be the high end 7970 or 7990 gamers crave!

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Not interested in the ATI card's unless they can finally beat Nvidia properly and by that I mean:

Better Performance
    Lower Power Usage
    Lower Temperatures
    Lower Noise Level's
    Lower Cost's

I will wait for the Nvidia card's, simply because they have never failed me with Driver's or Performance.

If ATI do get the 7 series card's out in December they will probably be the low end chip's rather than high end.

I can see there only being a small amount if TMC are having issues which may mean stupidly high prices.

8. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

might make the jump if the performance / power usage is up to scratch. im fed up of the
    nvidia driver 280.xx has stopped responded but has recovered / restarted
    in the middle of a game i cant have the screen going blank for 10 seconds at a time ( usually crashing the game at the time)
    does it at random intervals as well sometimes even just web-browsing

noise levels dont bother me to much, most companies offer better / quieter coolers anyway
    MSI's twin frozr II / III
    Asus driectCUII
    gigabyte windforce II / III
    Gainward phantom
    etc etc

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

If their 7870 is respectable, i may upgrade from my 5870. The card has been an absolute monster and done me proud with its performance.

10. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

My 6850 is a beautiful card!
    Runs everything i can throw at in on 1600X1050 (I know i have a strange monitor).
    Ill be jumping on ther 7000 series after christmas when i update my current MB.

11. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I'm surprised Green and Red aren't both rushing to get cards out for the BF3 release imo. It seems to be the game that requires most people to upgrade

12. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I think they are not to concerened about it considering Dice have said you need 2 card's to run it at the maximum setting's on a single display.

Makes sence for them to not release a new high end card, if they can sell a few extra of there current top end card's for those people who want dual card setup's for BF3.

I'm not buying till next year so by then hopefully the PCI-E 3.0 card's will be out, and better looking games than we have now, apart from BF3.

13. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I've spent the last few years on AMD cards and while decent, have had more driver issues than back when I was using nvidia. It could be that issues are about equal these days, or dependent on games, but either way I think I'm going for nvidia in my next build.

14. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

I thought that for the last year or so, ATI comfortably beat nVidia for power consumption and cost/performance ratio? Noise Vs temperature.... depends on the HSF and its setting.

What do you mean by finally? I thought the ATi 5 series Vs nVidia 4-series was quite convincing?

All-out performance, nVidia wins, sure, but at what power consumption?

15. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Since almost every game is a console port. don't need new GPU.

16. jakobfrimmel

jakobfrimmel What's a Dremel?

uhhh looks like i need to start saving :)

17. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

I'll just upgrade when the HD8000 series come out, I don't see my HD5870 failing in performance... I just hope she doesn't die, my warranty ended days ago.

Never had a card that lasted this long

18. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I feel like we have more than enough hardware to run basically anything these days. Would be nice to see some games really taking advantage of the available hardware.

19. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades Dreamer

I'll be waiting for the new NVIDIA graphics cards myself which will likely come out around the time I plan on buying a new PC with the latest Intel CPU so I can certainly wait. It's not like my current Core i7-920, 6 GB, GTX 580, Windows 7 SP1 system isn't capable of running almost every game I play at 1920x1200 on maxed out settings anyway so I have absolutely no need to upgrade any time soon.

Also after seven disappointing months of using AMD HD 5870 CFX I've decided that their cards are not for me, not because the hardware isn't up to scratch but simply because their drivers aren't IMO. Ignoring PhysX (since only a handful of games make use of it anyway), NVIDIA's superb game profiles and the ease at which you can add anti-aliasing compatibility flags to force AA in unsuppported games gives them the edge over AMD in my eyes. Of course, if you're not bothered about those things then AMD cards are usually very good value.

20. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I'll be at the blackjack tables yelling.. diddy needs a new gpu!

Tags: Add Tags