1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 22" Viewsonic VA2226W question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ravenheart, 14 Dec 2009.

1. Ravenheart

Ravenheart What's a Dremel?

I've got this monitor and it has a dvi-in port on the monitor and my graphics card has got 2 dvi-out ports on it, see below,

[​IMG]

So presumably if I buy the cable seen below I can connect my graphics card straight into the monitor instead of it being connected d-sub to d-sub via a dvi connector on the graphics card with the d-sub cable plugged into that.

[​IMG]

And would the image be any better or just be of the same quality regardless of how it's connected?

Sorry if I've got any of the above wrong but I've never had a monitor where it has a dvi connector on before.

2. AngusW

AngusW mmm

Yes you can and the quality will be slightly better!

3. Ravenheart

Thanks Angus,

And do you or anyone know how much it costs for one of those cables and where I can buy one because I'm not entirely sure of the name of the cable it is I should be looking for.

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

You can find cables online.. even under Amazon, for very cheap. Don't buy them in store... this is where the store makes money.. deeply rip you off badly.

5. AngusW

AngusW mmm

6. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

7. Ravenheart

Thanks for the info/links everyone, and TheMusician sadly I'm in the U.K so they won't be that cheap over here I don't think? But i'll have a look around and see :)