1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays 22inch monitor suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by samozamo, 20 Sep 2010.

1. samozamo

samozamo What's a Dremel?

I recently built my computer (woo!), but I'm stuck with my very old monitor. Its 17inches and resolution is 1280 - 1024.

So now I'm looking to get a new monitor (well when I get paid). I don't know what you need to know, but I've got a 1GB XFX HD 5770 graphics card.

I've looked briefly and saw this , the reviews seem good for it. But like I said I've only looked briefly.

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

A monitor is not a monitor.. they are not all the same.
    What do you do with your computer?
    What don't you like with your current monitor?

- Do you want a bigger view-angle?
    - Do you want kick-ass colors? or better colors?
    - Is the stand flimsy and want something more solid?
    - Do you want to save power?
    - Do you wish it had a webcam or other stuff inside?
    - Do you want something not-glossy, as it distract you? (for some it doesn't)
    - Do you want it to have built-in speaker (for some, any sound is find, and they want speakers.)
    - Do you want the monitor to be adjustable, like make it go higher, turn on itself and so on? Or you really don't care about this.
    - Do you care about build quality? Meaning do you seek something of higher build quality?
    The above question is just for you to think about what you don't like about your current monitor.

Additional questions that I would like to have an answer of.
    Do you plan to watch HD 1080p videos on your computer?
    Do you draw at any level on your computer?
    Do you edit/work on pictures on your computer?
    Do you plan or would like to have lot of connectivity to attach a laptop for instance or how about gaming console, or blu-ray player or other device? Of so which one?
    Maybe you don't draw and not a graphic artist, but do you love colors? In the sense would like to see more colors out of your computer screen so that games, video, movies, picture look better?
    Do you perform video/movie editing on your computer?
    Do you consider yourself like an elite hardcore gamer?
    What games style do you enjoy the most?

And most importantly:
    What is your budget? How much you are willing to spend on a monitor? 400$ 500$, 600$, 1.5k, 2k, 3k?

I know it's a lot of question, but I, and we need to to know you better, so that you don't end up with a screen that reviewers love, and that people are loving it, but you hate it, as it's worse then your current screen, because (just possibilities):
    - The reviewer is a bias or consider the price
    - People reviews are based on their experience, if they had a black and cheap ass 40Hz CRT with "several color", and go to wtv LCD they got, then they will easily say how ridiculously awesome the monitor is, and so on and so forth. Monitors is a very personal thing, like speakers and amplifiers, both or witch outputs a different sound, even in different ways.