1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 PS2 PC race

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by DeLorean5000, 4 May 2003.

1. DeLorean5000

DeLorean5000 What's a Dremel?

Hello all, i'm new to the fourms:lol: I have been reading post for about a year now. And I am very amazed at some of the stuff ya’ll have done!:clap: okay well. My plan is i’m gonna put a VIA EPIA M10000 in a ps2 case, and make it look just like a ps2. Gonna hook up the front USB and get some broken controllers to hook up the keyboard and mouse. the progress is going to be somewhat-hole lot slow, mostly because of my cash flow. I know this has been done before. But I would like to redo it in a different more stealthed way.

I hope to get...
    VIA EPIA M10000
    100-gig laptop harddrive
    24/10/40 CD-RW- DVD

The mobo has all the other good stuff onboard..:thumb:
    What do you guys think of the mobo choice? Any thought on my plan. By the way I have already gotten one part. Hehe. Got a broken ps2 on ebay for 35$/10$SH not to bad. Plus I can sell the motherboard and power supply back on ebay, unless i’m able to realign the laser. Thanks for any input

Bit-tech Rules :rock: :rock:

DeLorean5000

Oh yeah and I must say Zapwizard, your stuff is just absolutely amazing. I look up to you:dremel:

Last edited: 6 May 2003
  2. wywywywy

wywywywy Minimodder

3. DeLorean5000

Yep thats where I got the idea:dremel: Yes I hope mine will be much better, opps it will!, haha. He sure hacked that case up!:jawdrop: He must have been around some of this:hip: lol. my mom is going to pay for the PS2 in the moring and i should have it soon, also i have a package full of goddies for the comp!!!!!:clap: I will also make a log about my computer. check out my other mod http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30948 :dremel:

thanks! i hope so too! I just need money:wallbash: don't well all.

DeLorean5000

4. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

I was gonna post the link to that clear ps2 case pc from koreamod, but their site is flash based now.
    If you want to see it, go to koreamod.com, click gallery, then on the blue menu right under that, click the very first option and the gallery will load. scroll down to the bottom and go to gallery page 7 and find ps2-vaio, click that and youll be greeted by many more pics than nessesary.
    Very clean and cool mod, just like your will hopefully turn out to be. Good luck.

5. DeLorean5000

thank man! I haveing a hard time finding that page, a linkky would help.

DeLorean5000

6. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 What's a Dremel?

7. DeLorean5000

that was quick:clap:

DeLorean5000

Last edited: 4 May 2003
  8. Penguin4x4

*takes a bow*

:worried: :hehe: :D

9. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

Thx penguin, my browser wouldnt give me a link no matter what i tried.

10. Penguin4x4

Right Click > Properties, :cooldude:

11. DeLorean5000

wow that thing it dope:hip: heheh, I still like the origanal one. You can buy clear cases like that or did they make that? they coud'nt have! its too good. Well once i get my ps2 i will show the moddage:clap: :thumb: :dremel: also i am getting a BIG box of goodies for my comp:rock:

DeLorean5000

Last edited: 4 May 2003
  12. DeLorean5000

I just noticed something! No one has welcomed me yet:eyebrow: :jawdrop: :confused: .:waah:

13. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

Tried that penguin, it would omit the actual address, dont know why, but my box does that all the time.
    The clear ps2 cases can be purchased.

Welcome...=P
    Just out of interest, do you own a delorean?

14. DeLorean5000

No:wallbash: :jawdrop: :waah: I will soon!! But i did get to ride in one not a couple weeks ago:rock: :rock:

DeLorean5000

15. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

Grats when you get it, fun cars, if for nothing else than their cool factor =).

Anywhoohah, the thread may now return to the subject of ps2 moddage.

16. DeLorean5000

thanks alot dude, I want alot of cars:clap: But ill stick with my 90 Probe for now:rock: rock:

hehe thats cool you can hi-jack the tread and talk about DeLorean's its all good wit me :hip:

DeLorean5000

17. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

Probes are nice cars, but my favorite cars in the whole world are E30 bimmers or series 1/2 land rovers. Ive found an old dead series 1 rover that I plan to purchase from it current onwers in order to restore. Only problem with the car is it gets horrible mileage and I live in california =(.
    Just saw a delorean in the classifieds over here, asking price 700, said to be in decent condition. How much do you think yours will cost?

18. DeLorean5000

Well I hope to get one around 10K and restore it.:dremel: my dad is a mechanic. Thaxs i like my Probe too alothought i dont have it at the momet.. my brother is still driving it, till i fix my 94 exploded and then we are gonna trade:rock: plus i get his stereo sys:thumb: :D :lol: not a fan of bimmers, or mereceds, or chevy:eyebrow:

DeLorean5000

19. Ouches

Ouches What's a Dremel?

Im not a fan of chevys either, my moms malibu is a bleep to maintain, and she always makes me and my dad clean it and inspect every detail, seeing as my dad is a mechanic, and Ive been helping him for years.
    By exploded, do you mean explorer? Thats a good trade for you, wouldnt work in my case, since my brother drives an 85 toyota van, and I just dont really want it.

20. RaptorLord

RaptorLord What's a Dremel?

I'm a bit bummed... I came into this thread thinking someone was going to put a PC in an IBM PS/2 case - but to no avail!

(something that looks like this :
    http://www.amphiskios.net/geekport/images/ps2/
    )

good luck with your PS2 and welcome!