1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 3D Realms releases new Duke Nukem Forever image

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

God. Here we go again.

3. Carpet3

Carpet3 Minimodder

I suspect this game is screwed. It's so over-hyped and anticipated that no matter how good it is, it will ultimately lead to mass disappointment.

4. Deadwolf

Deadwolf What's a Dremel?

this game will never come out.. it's duke's joke on us..

5. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

I love it. This game is so overdue that it gets a news article when an IMAGE is released!

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I might be quite lonely by now but I'm still looking forward to it. Don't think I'll ever see it being released but still waiting. Maybe that one German PC magazine was right when they estimated the release date to be winter 2666. :eyebrow:

7. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

God I wish they could just start again pick an engine from a clean slate and go with that jesus if they just picked the steam engine when HL2 came out im sure they could of had it done by now lol

I dont like the trailer either theres vehicles, vehicles in any game except battelfield 1942 are crap.

8. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Maybe this is the game? We're playing it right now. Each pic is the next level and we will be playing Forever! :)

9. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

At least, they make news with it... I can imagine my grandson waiting for Duke Nukem Forever... I'm affraid I'm not going to live to see the day this game comes out :\

10. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

I still play Duke3D and I still can't wait until DNF comes out.

11. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

Will it ever be a Duke Nukem After-ever?

12. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

Basically this game will have to look better than Beowulf, run maxed out on a 486, have no DRM on it, cost £5 and be the greatest game of all time.... Or people will be pissed and it'll die on it's arse.

13. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I still have faith, even if its only okay, I can't imagine it won't be fun and hell anything with Duke in is a laugh. Everyone knows it's taken years to develop, I think people's expectations will be rock bottom and it can only be better than people imagine it will be. All the trailers for it have looked good at any rate, so unless they do something stupid it won't be a Daikatana. Maybe a Prey, which was, what, 8 years in development? I imagine it will be "fine", but at least it will certainly be memorable.

14. GFC

GFC What's a Dremel?

It's never gona be released.. and if it is - god help them, they wont be able to live to the hype no mather how good the game is.
    Well, i have better chance of playing crysis on AA and AF enabled then ever seeing DNF.. :\

15. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero What's a Dremel?

I'm seriously rofl'ing on your posts guys =D
    Now I missed the original Duke Nukem games, I was too young back than.
    But let me use Team Fortress 2 as an example that this game can be good.
    Team Fortress 2 was also like 7 years (if I'm not mistaking) in the making, and it is one of the best games ever imo.
    It's just wait and see for me!

16. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Having checked out the the link to the different format and size images, have to say, the image at the bottom of the page is certainly much more pleasing to the eye x]

17. rewind

rewind What's a Dremel?

One word 'Diakatana'....

18. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

just give me a gun and bring on those monsters and i'm happy, no vehicles, no fancy gameplay options, just fps quake 1 gameplay with wierd weapons and a jet pack

19. Goty

Goty Minimodder

When and IF they ever release this game, it's pretty much going to be guaranteed to be one of the best selling titles of the year if only because people will want to see what all the waiting was for.

20. Sathy

Sathy What's a Dremel?

At least it's not Forever for NOTHING, so you have to give credit for the developer for picking the right name from the start.
    By the looks of the "trailer" there, it should be called Never-ever, as the graphics are rather horrendous, even though there are some nifty gameplay related things shown.

It's not as if it should come as a surprise that unless they've changed the engine several times, it will look outdated before it's even been dated, for release. Oh well, whether or not it's something worth it or not...passing judgement is going to wait until it's actually released. Until then it's still vapor.

@ Anti-Hero, really, TF2 is in your view one of the best games ever? All there is to say is that we're all happy you're happy. Games that have been delayed for release this long are on average flops, so even if TF2 made it well isn't anything to draw much conclusions from.

Tags: Add Tags