1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics 3d

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bloodburgers, 27 Jan 2013.

1. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

Hello again people.

I have a quick question re 3d from a gpu.

Will this make any non 3d tv-monitor produce 3d images or do you also need a suitable tv/monitor.

As always

Thanks in advance.

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

For Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D for example, you'll need a 120+Hz display, a 3D emitter and active 3D glasses. Other solution are passive and don't require the emitter but still need compatible glasses.

3. Bloodburgers

Bloodburgers Minimodder

Awesome. I was hoping as much.

So essentially it will turn my tv in to a passive 3d tv that i can use my cinema specs with for example.

Bindi helpful as ever

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

No! Be careful!
    LCD TVs are at 60Hz. The "200Hz", or "600Hz", or what ever you see, is the back light refresh rate. Flickering the back light faster fools your brain in seeing more frames than in reality. Hence why you have the strange feel when looking at movies and you can't put your finger on it.

Your TV needs to be Plasma, or rear projector, or CRT Tube monitor, or projector or a true 120Hz TV (will be using a TN panel, so short view angles) capable of going at 120Hz.

Basically, if your 3D TV has shutter glasses, where the glasses requires batteries to operate, and the glasses are truly expensive, then it is most likely a true 120Hz TV. If the glasses are like the movies, where they require no batteries, than no.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

What Goodbytes said and from personal experience I wouldn't bother with passive 3D. Interlaced 3D looks pants.