1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 64bit Video Editing...any sugestions?

Discussion in 'Software' started by SmutjeUK, 29 Sep 2009.

1. SmutjeUK

SmutjeUK What's a Dremel?

Hi all
    I sincerely hope that someone may be able to help me out.
    I am changing my OS to Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on the 22 October when my Pre-Ordered software should arrive.
    I am on the hunt for a Video and Sound editing software that will support my 64bit OS natively meaning I can make full use of my 12GB of RAM and of the Multicores that I have.
    I got about £80 to £100 for a new Video Editor.
    Has anyone an idea what I can use that is within this price range?
    Also if possible it should support 'Green Screen'.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Please be aware I am not being able to afford Adobe Premiere or Sony Studio Pro as they are way out of my price range and Adobe Premiere Elements is not supporting the new system and there are no updates (according to Adobe Customer Services) that would get Elements making use of the specs of the new system. Corel's X2 is also not making use of it.
    It may be that at a later point in time someone realises that more and more people are using multicore and 64bit systems but at the moment it seems that at this time its really hard to find one (in particular in the given price range) and I do not want to change to a MAC.
    Many tanks
    Regards
    SmutjeUK

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Mac is the same as thing as PC. In fact just super recently with the latest Mac OS, FINALLY does the jump to 64-bit, and few systems actually run in 64-bit... that means if your system configuration is loved by Apple. Let alone that it's Apple that makes the drivers so your certainly not taking full advantage of your system.
    Before, back in the XP days.. Mac was a good choice, as XP had to many stability issues, poor/abysmal memory management, but as you see this greatly changed since Vista 64-bit.

Are you a student? See your college/university computer store for student pricing. They usually have crazy, draw dropping, low price.

What would really help is a Quadro GPU such as these:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/builtforadobepros.html

Of course, it's a lot of money, especially that I think Adobe software is the only one that actually use it. But your GPU is better than your CPU.

I say wait until Win7 is out, wait until Adobe wakes up and make a Win7 ready software... but be warned that Adobe is all constituted with old conservative developers that hate new technologies such as 64-bit. But, with Mac OS in 64-bit and the great push to Win7 64-bit, Adobe might make it.

Wait and save is what I say, even if you have a student discount.

3. Itbay

Itbay What's a Dremel?

Hey any idea about using windows 7 in an old motherboard like intel GZIS 946..
    sorry for interrupting but need that..