1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Achron Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 20 Jan 2010.

1. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Wow have you had a read through the guys web site, how they plan to develop and enhance the game for its release in 2011. All i can say is best of luck to them and i can't wait.

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

One quick question Joe: what are the victory parameters? Is it a case of victory happens when one side has lost all of their units at any point in time? I.e. if I destroy all your units 30 minutes in, you lose even if you're playing around at 15 minutes with a huge army ready to destory me? Otherwise the games would never end because a player could always just travel back in time to a point before they lost and keep playing.

Thinking about it, even if you chronoshifted a super-unit right to the very beginning of the game to destroy the enemies entire starting set of units, they'll always be at least a second or two where both players have units alive, so one player could just live in that few seconds and never lose. I presume this isn't the case, but I'd be intregued to know how they got around it.

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Not sure for the full game at the moment - this is an alpha, so it exists more as a proof of concept and the levels are mostly tutorial. We'll have to wait for a later release to see plot and actual mission, but I'd guess the victory parameter would be to defeat an enemy in a timewave that carries off the end of a timeline.

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Pure genius, I wonder if the level of player is up to the level of the game.

What really intrigues me is some 13 year old kid getting a hold of this and accepting the idea of time travel as something within his realm of experience, getting interested in science, attending Cambridge and actually making the first time machine. There should be more reports on how many kids go into different fields because of Gaming.

Tags: Add Tags