1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Advice wanted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smashie, 22 Jul 2006.

1. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Hi,

as my graphics card seem to have gone poof this afternoon in this heat I'm after some recomemdations.

It was an ATI X800, but having just gotten married and funds are tight I'm open to suggestions as to a good replacement. I'll admit that I don't keep up with new graphics cards as they change so damn fast!!! Oh and it's PCI express and I'm not a fanboy in anyway shape or form so as long as it's around £100 GBP I'll be happy.

Cheers,

Mark

2. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

Strech another £60 and get a X1800 XT 256 (from OCUK) for £160 ? Great cards for the price :thumb:

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=364487

Bingo. Great card, great price, great store. You could get a silent one for £10 less, but it's clocked a fair bit lower, so obviously you're paying more for the cooler and far less for the card itself. If absolute silence isn't an issue, that card should do you very nicely.

edit: And Fr4nk he asked for around £100, not £100 give or take 60%, be realistic man!

4. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

That looks very good, thank specofdust. All I need to do is add the DVI cable :D

Tags: