1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding air freshener?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by THEkorean, 24 Sep 2006.

1. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

would a small air freshener in a spare 5.25" bay have any detremental effects on my PC? here is a pic
    [​IMG]
    the car air freshener would be in that gap and it will be a SMALL one, the way i figure, its under the fan, so it will propel the fragrance through the air, i was just wondering what it will do to my radiator and components

2. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

I do not see any reason that something that just creates a scent in the air should interfere with your computer or its water cooling at all.

3. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

Well, if you read the manufacturers detailed notes on your hardware, esp. Motherboard you will find that they can only take smells from around 10S/mm^2 and 300S/mm^2. You will have to check the smell rating of the air freshener.

4. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

thats hilarious :hehe:

the smell shouldnt affect anything as far as i know. watch for any build-up on your parts and remove it if anything happens.

5. onggie

onggie What's a Dremel?

Unless there is something acidic in the air freshner? Like lemon secent?

6. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

yea.. the main thing im afraid of is if somehow it creats a buildup of gunk or whatever inside my pc, or if it starts to smell really nasty when it gets old, cause airflow isnt that good in my PC cause i removed most of the fans in order to silence it

7. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

This is hilarious.

Why do you want to do this (Have a feeling the answer will be just because I can)?

:hehe:

8. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

maybe he's on a beans diet :)

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Be a great way of circulating the smell around the room, it's getting propelled through the case at a high speed, and then will be coming out hotter then ambient, so will travel to the ceiling, then cool and disperse around the room. Great way of circulating a smell, but I'd be very wary of it interfering with the pc components, since it's probably a liquid spray.

10. THEkorean

THEkorean 42

yes specofdust is correct, since the temp in my case is warmer than ambient, it SHOULD be able to spread the smell around my room better than it would be able to normaly, PLUS its under 2 120mm fans so the smell will be propelled out rather than difused out. Also those japanese car dash air fresheners look reely cool, ill find a picture if you guys want ...