1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Radeon R7 SSD 240GB Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 19 Aug 2014.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

I wouldn't really call it just a rebrand then, if there is no direct product from OCZ/Toshiba. A rebrand is just a product with different case/stickers on it. At least that's my view on it.

Edit: I would agree that there could be a couple of extra features or accessories for the price though.

3. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Well if your building an AMD focused rig in a case with a nice side window I suspect the performance numbers will be pretty much irrelevant, I mean, put a couple of these in a black & red trim NZXT 440 (which you still haven't reviewed BTW!!!!) which have the SSD's on full display, It would look very nice.

..and for a lot of people, that's all that matters.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Amdy would be all over this ;)

And it'd be the bestestest eva!

5. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

That is true. Although there's still the option to print out an AMD design on some sticky-backed print paper, cut it out and stick it on an MX100....

6. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Performance seems decent enough (in the sense that pretty much all of the drives will "feel" the same to the end user outside of benchmarks) but the price is simply too high. The 256GB MX100 can be had for £74.99 right now which makes this drive just look expensive with no real positives.

7. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

For the average user, absolutely, and in every SSD review we point this out. But there are users who need the higher performance when it comes to I/O consistency, steady state, mixed workloads etc. Higher endurance can also be a factor. Also note that this drive's sequential write performance is much higher than the MX100 256GB, which is limited to 330MB/sec (we only received a sample of the faster 512GB, so haven't been able to include the 256GB in the charts).

8. Dogbert666

Also, article updated with the consistency results on page 6.

9. rollo

rollo Modder

Gotta Fit a certain category to make this drive a decent purchase as its price is too high. Its performance is good but if the price doubles for the 512gb then its a tough seller.

10. rollo

rollo Modder

According to another site AMD is not doing any of the manufacturing or even customer support for this product it will all be handled by OCZ. All AMD is doing is sticking there sticker on it effectively and offering some deals on buying there products.

11. Dogbert666

Another site? I literally wrote this in the second paragraph!

12. rollo

rollo Modder

I see my posts are not going through lol was ment to edit that to include both this site and the other. Silly phone Internet.

13. Xir

Xir Modder

Shame they stopped making their own flash ;-)

Tags: Add Tags