1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any car nuts in here ?, having a real issue with a garage and im clueless

Discussion in 'General' started by stephen0205, 22 Oct 2021.

1. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Not gonna lie that was my first instinct the day before, i cant do conflict, it gave me alot of anxiety, couldn't finish my tea last night, couldn't sleep thinking about it, same this morning calling places and then eventually him, other people handle it better, i just done the best i could, i had actually recorded the phone call incase i was gonna need it.... if id even have been allowed to, and the words "My friend who's high up in a world renound garage who's a master tech", that line told me all i really needed to know .

Oh man that was lucky, could have done the same damage or worse than what happened to mine. Its still to get checked which will be Monday before thats even possible, im just hoping its not bad and hes actually fixed the actual timing belt this time, cause if he's not i im out £300 odd quid and ill no doubt need to pay that again to get a decent place to do it.

Thankfully now i know a few people to take it to recommended by some close friends, so with any luck should stop any future issues.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Oh the car previous was a Peugeot 406 and the cam belt snapped on the way home, only about 4-5 miles from home.

That one got unceremoniously lifted onto the scrap wagon by a strap through the open front windows :(.

3. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Aww that one defo sucks. :(

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yeh especially seeing as it had a brand new clutch in it that cost me about £200+ (12 years or so ago).

5. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

So its been looked over and driven by the new garage, they are telling me looks like hes fixed the timing belt, told me i had 2 options with it, there was only so much they could check, they can do it fully if i want but means ill need the gasket redone, they have advised that ive to drive the car, second i suspect something stop, call them and they will rip the head apart, until then they see no benefit as they recon hes probably taken his time this time around.

But ill need another aircon pump, they have sourced a used one for £30, the guy had damaged my alternator belt taking it off so im a tenner for a new one of those, £50 for those to be fitted and £50 for the aircon to be regassed (althrough they did say its winder and id unlikely need it and could just wait until the hotter weather returned ), so i have opted to just get it done that way its done.

And the recover truck place only charged me £30 as it was a family friend. So all in with any luck ill get the car back on Wednesday, and all going will should have no issues.

Isitari, Shirty and Arboreal like this.